My Name Is LuckyAndroid And I'm A Windows Phone User

LuckyAndroid

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi All!

I registered here a while ago but I wanted to source y'all's opinions on what makes Windows Phone 8 stand out over iOS 7 and the latest version of Android. Before WP8, I used WebOS and Android, and since I picked up my 822 (loyal Verizon user that wasn't willing to wait until AT&T's exclusive deal on the 9xx model) December 2012, I've been signing my praise of the OS and trying to convince people to give it a try. I was a Zune user so I love the interface, but besides a preference for the GUI, what do you think makes WP8 stand out? I work for a company that has iOS and Androids for corporate phones, and I'm probably the only WP8 user in my department. I'd like to come up with a go to list of selling points I can bring up in conversation to convince people to give WP8 (especially the upcoming upgrade to the OS) a chance. I think having an 822 hurts me a bit because it isn't the top of the line model, but once I am eligible for my upgrade late summer / early fall, I plan on getting whatever the best Nokia model available is.

So when people ask you why WP8 over Android or iOS, what do you tell them? How do you convince people to consider switching? Thanks! (And if there are any WPCentral articles covering this, please link!)

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
actually whenever people ask me "WHY WINDOWS?" I just hand over my phone to them.....and the next thing I know they switch to windows. As far as I know it has the fastest UI among all the other platforms. Even though it doesn't have many apps but I hope the devs are working on that....I tend to hang to my Windows Phone....I have used loads of phones....and my Windows Phone is the best :)

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi All!
So when people ask you why WP8 over Android or iOS, what do you tell them? How do you convince people to consider switching? Thanks! (And if there are any WPCentral articles covering this, please link!)

If I were to be asked, which I haven't, I would simply say that I've been using MS products, I'm used to it and I like new things. I want to see where the OS is heading since it's still new. This of course doesn't convince a person to take up WP and that simply isn't my goal. I don't recommend WP to anyone. It would be the same if I was on any OS. I believe that there is no one OS for everyone and there are lots of people who are disappointed with WP due to them not fully understanding it's limitations. The only sensible thing to do is to always ask what a person wants from their phone first.

If they are a basic user than by all means, WP is great. However, I still balk at the idea of recommending WP due to the issues surrounding it. Until these are fixed I have a hard time saying WP is great. It's good, it's does the job, but not so much that I would put my name behind it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I spent three or four years with android and people always ask me how can I use windows phone when we don't have this app or that app....i tell them we may lack a few apps here and there but as a windows phone user I have choice similar to android in many different models of phones while having a unified user experience aka the apple way. So I have the best of both worlds...with a much better look :p

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
FYI let me just add to it....that after seeing the lack of many apps in windows...I've started developing apps for it :) So yeah it's worth it..!!

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
When people say Windows Phone only have 200k apps and Android has 1,000,000 apps. I ask "You use 1,000,000 apps?" and they reply "no" so their point is invalid.

WP is fast.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
When people say Windows Phone only have 200k apps and Android has 1,000,000 apps.

Honestly after the last 3 months and after the store passed the 200k mark, I've seen this question being asked less and less. Yes, it still haves fewer high profile games and some apps I can't name now, but it's much less of a burden.

Also, now we have those really great 3rd party apps for almost everything.

eve6er69

Jul 18, 2007
Visit site
welcome aboard the wp nation. i dont use a windows phone so i cannot answer your questions but welcome to the community and i hope to be seeing your opinions and comments around here more often!

DBDev

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! I always try to get more people to switch, however I have only succeeded with my mum and dad... :wink:

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
hallo everyone, i am new here, i will buy an iPhone , so i have windows ipone too

Welcome to the forums both of you!

As for the OP, I currently have an LG G2 and a Nokia Lumia 920 unlocked and working on T-Mobile.

I like Windows Phone more than android because email, contacts and text are so much easier on windows phone. Those are the basics. I have had so many issues with the outlook app, having calendar syncing all my items and also contacts on android.

I needed something that just works so I went back to Windows Phone. The downside is that i still use my Android device to play games and also the Facebook App, Instagram, and many others are much better on Android. There are also plenty of missing apps from the Windows Store.

Lastly I use windows phone because I have everything within the Microsoft Ecosystem. I use Outlook.com for my calendar, contacts, tasks and email. I use Outlook 2013 to edit my calendar and tasks from a computer which syncs with outlook.com, and then I use xbox and office 365.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos