hello from 1020 dev

Mac Morrison

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hello

I was registered with some other username but now using my microsoft account as its seems 'appropiate'

I'm work in london making designing and concepting 'digital things'

I took part in the nokia 'future capture' hackathon last year which kick started me on wp8 development.
Nokia Imaging Hackathon delivers winning apps for Nokia Lumia 1020 - Nokia Conversations
i didn't win!! but got a 1020 on O2 when they launched a few weeks later.

I've 3 apps at the moment in the store
5 a day - a ampient nagging app - which is bascially a live tile to track your eating.
Panna Paint - the app i made in the hackathon - so its quite basic - but works - it tracks objects and makes pretty pictures.
PENKU - a minimal little falling block puzzle game that went live yesterday. no relation to anything candy like!!

SO HI!

Mac Morrison

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
well just go for it is my tip.

download the tools and start messing - most important thing is have goal - ie know what you want to build - then you will find out how to bit by bit
start small - make something really simple - like my 5 a day app, its very basic - but it meant I could get it out quickly and didn't have to learn too much.

if you're doing a game - look at the framework - theres lots of choice, monogame, unity, corona (will support wp8 very soon) marmalade etc.
be warned theres costs involved in many of these esp to publish cross platform.

I've made a game in monogame - as xna makes sence to me.
PENKU | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)
but it costs $540 to get the license for xamarin to publish iOS/android versions
I got the android one working in half a day but paying that much to publish a free game is out of my needs.

corona is much cheaper - $16 a month - with a useable free option.

I guess it depends on how you are with the actual coding
all these vary In approach
corona is very high level
unity is very plug and play - more like flash - but you still need to script / manage data
monogame is medium difficultly
native c++/direct x being the hardest.

more over have fun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo