03-22-2014 12:01 AM
29 12
tools
    Look at twitter and search for nokia accounts. I heard about one issued resolved by support of a tweet at the right place.
    Sad to hear about your problem. Hope you can get a satisfactory answer from nokia.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia using Tapatalk
    03-21-2014 03:58 PM
    Sound and settings profiles. I know that this is probably going to be addressed to a degree by 8.1, but coming from Android where you can have different profiles which adjust ringer volume, media volume, vibration, notifications, lockscreen settings, and have them activated based on different criteria (time, location etc), the Windows uber-simplistic approach is hard to take. I'm certainly not expecting MS to allow location based anything on Windows, but time based profile switching (involving all settings) would be really great. In the meatime, is there any way to switch vibration on and off without going into the settings (i.e. via a shortcut?)
    This is my ONE MAJOR CON. I do Emergency Services/First Responder stuff in addition to my day job. From time to time, I have to silence my phone for meetings and what not. I would KILL to be able to set the ringtone for my ES stuff to ALWAYS have an audible alert. Blackberry could do this 10 years ago. I am hoping the 8.1 update will allow for this, but I will believe it when I see it.
    03-21-2014 04:09 PM
    Tweak these settings to boost the battery life on your Windows phone | How To - CNET

Even after having my phone for a long time, when I found this guide, the changes had a big impact on battery life. I also agree with avoiding the battery apps.... ironically... they tend to "log" battery life often, and drain it over time.
    03-21-2014 04:16 PM
    surprised with the issues u guys mentioned, so far the only issues i have are with whatsapp touch wood
    03-22-2014 12:01 AM
29 12