Hi people, here's another Windows Phone lovin user on your forum

Woknox

Developer
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi people, let me introduce myself...

I'm Wilko, an Windows Phone addict from the Netherlands. I'am a realy satisfied user of WP8 OS and the owned 2 Windows Phones allready. I am looking for a good replacement for my Huawei and that is the main reason for me to join this forum.

Besides this I am also a Windows Phone app developer, and getting more and more exited about this every day.

Hope to speak with you maybe on one of the topics!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey Wilko, what phone do you have? Seems like you're really loving the OS! How are you finding developing for it?

Woknox

Developer
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey Meussig, I've got the Huawei Ascend W1, bought it after my Lumia 710 died. Next device will be one with some more storage capacity and a larger screen, I'm going to do some research on 1320, 920, 925. Actually I would like to have the Nokia Icon but for now the price tag is a bit to high for me.

Developing for WP is great!.. recently published my EasyAnalytics apps in the store.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Meussig, I've got the Huawei Ascend W1, bought it after my Lumia 710 died. Next device will be one with some more storage capacity and a larger screen, I'm going to do some research on 1320, 920, 925. Actually I would like to have the Nokia Icon but for now the price tag is a bit to high for me.

Developing for WP is great!.. recently published my EasyAnalytics apps in the store.

If more storage capacity is one of your major concerns, I'd slash out the 925 right now since it only has 16 GB on board.

The 1320 is pretty solid of you could live with the 5MP camera. 8 GB internal only though but you can add external storage up to 64GB.

The 920 is still nice right now. I have a 920 and I really love it. 32gb on board storage, no external SD card slot though. I'm not sure how much you need but with 32GB, it's more than enough for mostly everyone.

Screen = Depends actually. Obviously the 920 has more PPI compared to the 1320 but the 1320 has a larger screen. I saw the 1320 and it's really a nice screen. I'd give this one to the 1320
On board storage = Lumia 920
Camera = Lumia 920
Battery life = (Going on paper) Lumia 1320 with 3400 mAh compared to the 920's 2000 mAh but mileage varies on every user as we use our phones for different purposes
External storage = Lumia 1320

Other specs are really identical.

Oh and one other thing that you may already know but I'm still going to point it out, you can't install apps on the SD Card but this may change with 8.1. The 1320 only has 8GB of Internal storage.

My verdict still depends on your use

Get the 1320 if you want a large screen, external storage and much better battery life

Get the 920 if you want a decent screen that is just 0.5 in bigger than your current phone, bigger on board storage (for apps) and a better camera

Both have 1 GB of RAM
Both have Nokia Exclusives
Both are LTE Capable
Both have dual core CPUs (with the 1320 just being a little more faster with 1.7GHz compared to the 920's 1.5GHz)

and the others are really too close to call.

So your choice! :)

Woknox

Developer
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Wow, jomarr,.. thanks for the advice. That will help...

For as far as I can see from your input, the 1320 will be my best option. I do not really care about great camera performance.

My only concerns are the size of the phone because my hands are not that big,.. but for this I should really try to handle it in one of the stores as soon as its available.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard to WP central, always nice to have developer's on board, what apps have you developed and are they in the store.

Woknox

Developer
Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral, Wilko. We're glad to have you.
If you go to this link, you can submit a link to your app and be granted access to the developers hidden forum.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/developers-corner/191401-developer-user-group-program.html
Hope you find WPCentral to be a great source of info and camaraderie!

This is fantastic,.. I was looking for such a forum and came out on this one (msdn)
but after some browsing through, it appeared to be not as useful as I hoped.

Many thanks!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
This is fantastic,.. I was looking for such a forum and came out on this one (msdn)
but after some browsing through, it appeared to be not as useful as I hoped.

Many thanks!
If you're looking for answers to development problems, another good place to look is Stack Overflow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb