How can I make the most out of Windows Phone?

lathamc

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone!
So I just got a Windows Phone after several years on an Android device. I had the Galaxy S4, and unfortunately, the S4 broke (who knew phones couldn't withstand 8 ft drops... :p ). I decided to get the Nokia Lumia 520, and after three days, I'm happy with the device.

Even though I have the Lumia due to circumstance, I want to make the most out of my Windows Phone experience. I have always been intrigued by the OS and have considered switching several times. So, how can I make the most out of my Windows Phone experience? What are some things that I should do to make it better? I was also wondering if anyone recommended an RSS reader. Any ideas? Also, any replacement ideas for these apps:
- CNET
- Pulse
- YouTube

Thanks!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!
So I just got a Windows Phone after several years on an Android device. I had the Galaxy S4, and unfortunately, the S4 broke (who knew phones couldn't withstand 8 ft drops... :p ). I decided to get the Nokia Lumia 520, and after three days, I'm happy with the device.

Even though I have the Lumia due to circumstance, I want to make the most out of my Windows Phone experience. I have always been intrigued by the OS and have considered switching several times. So, how can I make the most out of my Windows Phone experience? What are some things that I should do to make it better? I was also wondering if anyone recommended an RSS reader. Any ideas? Also, any replacement ideas for these apps:
- CNET
- Pulse
- YouTube

Thanks!

i would poke through the settings

OneDrive hooks into WP very well, syncing Office documents, OneNote, uploading photos...

hmm, i'll probably have others later.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Bing News for all news related functions. I personally found it s but overwhelming at first, but once I gave it a chance, it's now THE way I catch up on news. And while it's not as seamless as some other news sources offered in Bing News: I also use it to keep tabs on CNET. They're really biased against Windows Phone, so don't expect any official apps... Ever...

As for YouTube: MetroTube and/or myTube. Both are top notch apps, and create a beautiful (and ad free) YouTube experience.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To WP Centrals forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
Good Luck.
Tip, Check out the forum Windows phone 8 "tips & tricks" for newbie's.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/230201-new-windows-phone-8-tips-tricks.html

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WpCentral! Bing news is one of best!

Also you can pin websites to your home screen. I do this for any site that doesn't have an app.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3