Hey everyone!
    So I just got a Windows Phone after several years on an Android device. I had the Galaxy S4, and unfortunately, the S4 broke (who knew phones couldn't withstand 8 ft drops... :-P ). I decided to get the Nokia Lumia 520, and after three days, I'm happy with the device.

Even though I have the Lumia due to circumstance, I want to make the most out of my Windows Phone experience. I have always been intrigued by the OS and have considered switching several times. So, how can I make the most out of my Windows Phone experience? What are some things that I should do to make it better? I was also wondering if anyone recommended an RSS reader. Any ideas? Also, any replacement ideas for these apps:
    - CNET
    - Pulse
    - YouTube

Thanks!
    03-04-2014 11:12 AM
    Weave News Reader is a good RSS reader.
    For YouTube, try myTube or MetroTube.
    03-04-2014 11:16 AM
    Hey everyone!
    So I just got a Windows Phone after several years on an Android device. I had the Galaxy S4, and unfortunately, the S4 broke (who knew phones couldn't withstand 8 ft drops... :-P ). I decided to get the Nokia Lumia 520, and after three days, I'm happy with the device.

Even though I have the Lumia due to circumstance, I want to make the most out of my Windows Phone experience. I have always been intrigued by the OS and have considered switching several times. So, how can I make the most out of my Windows Phone experience? What are some things that I should do to make it better? I was also wondering if anyone recommended an RSS reader. Any ideas? Also, any replacement ideas for these apps:
    - CNET
    - Pulse
    - YouTube

Thanks!
    i would poke through the settings

OneDrive hooks into WP very well, syncing Office documents, OneNote, uploading photos...

hmm, i'll probably have others later.
    03-04-2014 12:29 PM
    Bing News is a good news app.
    Amazing Weather HD
    Advanced English Dictionary
    UC Browser
    ProShot
    Flixster
    03-04-2014 12:50 PM
    Welcome to WPC!
    03-05-2014 04:37 PM
    Thanks!! It's been great!! So far, Windows Phone 8 has been great!!
    03-06-2014 04:09 PM
    Bing News for all news related functions. I personally found it s but overwhelming at first, but once I gave it a chance, it's now THE way I catch up on news. And while it's not as seamless as some other news sources offered in Bing News: I also use it to keep tabs on CNET. They're really biased against Windows Phone, so don't expect any official apps... Ever...

As for YouTube: MetroTube and/or myTube. Both are top notch apps, and create a beautiful (and ad free) YouTube experience.
    03-06-2014 04:20 PM
    Hi & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To WP Centrals forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
    Good Luck.
    Tip, Check out the forum Windows phone 8 "tips & tricks" for newbie's.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ps-tricks.html
    03-08-2014 05:37 PM
    Welcome to WpCentral! Bing news is one of best!

Also you can pin websites to your home screen. I do this for any site that doesn't have an app.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
    03-08-2014 07:49 PM