Getting a 520!

shaskell724

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I have been wanting to try a WP for a while now. I just ordered a Lumia 520 (GoPhone ATT) on Amazon for $60 and am excited to give WP a try. I'll be using it as an iPod touch sort of thing because right now I have my iPhone 4S on contract.

Do you guys have any suggestions about apps I should get for my Lumia? (Social Apps or good media apps?) I think I'll def download some of Rudys Apps.
Does the FM radio work without Wi-Fi? It'd be great if I could listen to the radio on runs or something.
When Win 8.1 comes out will I be able to download it even though I will not specifically be on a carrier?

Any WP advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to try it out! :) Thanks guys! :grin:

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. I have been wanting to try a WP for a while now. I just ordered a Lumia 520 (GoPhone ATT) on Amazon for $60 and am excited to give WP a try. I'll be using it as an iPod touch sort of thing because right now I have my iPhone 4S on contract.

Do you guys have any suggestions about apps I should get for my Lumia? (Social Apps or good media apps?) I think I'll def download some of Rudys Apps.
Does the FM radio work without Wi-Fi? It'd be great if I could listen to the radio on runs or something.
When Win 8.1 comes out will I be able to download it even though I will not specifically be on a carrier?

Any WP advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to try it out! :) Thanks guys! :grin:

I bought mine as a temp phone between my Galaxy S3 and Nexus 5. It worked well as a phone, but now I use it as a media device. It's awesome.

For Youtube, I use youtube HD (can download videos for watching later) and Tube.
For music, Pandora, Iheartradio, Tunein Radio, and there's Native Nokia Radio, but I don't use it much.
I don't do much social media. If I have to use Facebook, I use the mobile site on UC Browser. Twitter app is fine. 6tag (Instagram client) is supposedly better than the official app. I use it to follow hot chicks submitting their suggestive photos.
FM radio doesn't require wifi. It's just like any other FM radio, but you'll have to use headphones.
You should be able to download 8.1 without being activated on a carrier.

I have the Developer Preview app and eagerly await the 8.1 update in less than 3 weeks.

shaskell724

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought mine as a temp phone between my Galaxy S3 and Nexus 5. It worked well as a phone, but now I use it as a media device. It's awesome.

For Youtube, I use youtube HD (can download videos for watching later) and Tube.
For music, Pandora, Iheartradio, Tunein Radio, and there's Native Nokia Radio, but I don't use it much.
I don't do much social media. If I have to use Facebook, I use the mobile site on UC Browser. Twitter app is fine. 6tag (Instagram client) is supposedly better than the official app. I use it to follow hot chicks submitting their suggestive photos.
FM radio doesn't require wifi. It's just like any other FM radio, but you'll have to use headphones.
You should be able to download 8.1 without being activated on a carrier.

I have the Developer Preview app and eagerly await the 8.1 update in less than 3 weeks.

Thanks for your response. Why do you have to use headphones? JW.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response. Why do you have to use headphones? JW.

I've used a 3.5 mm auxiliary cord and been able to get sound from the external speaker. I think if you tap and hold the radio station, there is a drop down menu to select the external speaker. This is from memory, as I don't have the cord and phone in front of me.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
The Nokia 52x series are great starter phones. I don't think there is anything remotely close in terms of how much value this device brings.

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre