First Windows Phone!!

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello to all!

As a tech junkie and smartphone addict, I have finally made my way onto the Windows Phone 8 platform!
I have seen the likes of iOS, BB os7, BB10, android, and now finally windows with my recently ordered Lumia 925 for T-mobile, courtesy of HSN shopping! (est. shipping 3-7 business days :p)

I am familiar with the software and hardware of the nokia windows devices, I've checked all the models out at the microsoft store, and I've been watching previews of 8.1 =]
I recently purchased the 521 for tmobile for my dad, and I've been playing around a bit with his phone from time to time and I started to like the OS, and after seeing that snapchat (6snap) and insta (6tag) were on the platform, along with gmail support for calendars, contacts, mail etc, I totally decided to jump ship from my blackberry z10. I am a blackberry user at heart, but I really really wanted to try Windows phone out, as I am liking all of the features, especially what 8.1 has to offer. It kind of worked out that I ordered my phone today seeing that 8.1 was announced for the 925 =]=]

Anyway, just placed my order a few hours ago, so I will officially be up and running next week!

Looking forward to be a part of the WP central community!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WPCentral. You might remember me as 'lak611' on CrackBerry. That was my old handle, before I started using my real name.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome!

Ancient Crackberry member here, it soooo long a go couldn't tell you what my user was ... not remembering it :smile:
Recently received a 925 also.

Have fun and join in with your thoughts!

Highdefjunkie

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello to all!

As a tech junkie and smartphone addict, I have finally made my way onto the Windows Phone 8 platform!
I have seen the likes of iOS, BB os7, BB10, android, and now finally windows with my recently ordered Lumia 925 for T-mobile, courtesy of HSN shopping! (est. shipping 3-7 business days :p)

I am familiar with the software and hardware of the nokia windows devices, I've checked all the models out at the microsoft store, and I've been watching previews of 8.1 =]
I recently purchased the 521 for tmobile for my dad, and I've been playing around a bit with his phone from time to time and I started to like the OS, and after seeing that snapchat (6snap) and insta (6tag) were on the platform, along with gmail support for calendars, contacts, mail etc, I totally decided to jump ship from my blackberry z10. I am a blackberry user at heart, but I really really wanted to try Windows phone out, as I am liking all of the features, especially what 8.1 has to offer. It kind of worked out that I ordered my phone today seeing that 8.1 was announced for the 925 =]=]

Anyway, just placed my order a few hours ago, so I will officially be up and running next week!

Looking forward to be a part of the WP central community!

My Wife is a diehard BB user and recently got the Q10. Let's just say she wants her old curve back. I tihnk the OS is really interesting, but overly complicated. Even copy and pasting is a chore? Did you have issues with that?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
kb1234, it is a blast to welcome you. I can see you have been busy posting in other forums (CrackBerry's loss, our gain!!), so I am excited to hear what you think of the L925 when you get it.

Just a sexy phone, a favorite among our crowd. Incidently, as a former WebOS user and lover, I really like BB10. I think it is a great effort, and the gesture based OS is a ton of fun. But the UI of WP just is common sense, and in the end that just keeps me with it.

Let us know what you think!! It will be a blast to see how your opinions on WP 8.1 will be, as it will come in a couple months and you will be looking at WP with a still-fresh set of eyes. I love those kinds of threads!!

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
My Wife is a diehard BB user and recently got the Q10. Let's just say she wants her old curve back. I tihnk the OS is really interesting, but overly complicated. Even copy and pasting is a chore? Did you have issues with that?

Nice man, the Q10 is a very solid device but I can definitely understand those that want to stick to legacy OS. There is a definite learning curve to BB10 that can keep some diehard track pad users away. I had the q10 for about 4 months before switching back to the Z10. Copy and pasting takes some getting used to but I didn't find it too bad after a while. I actually switched back to the Z10 because the virtual keyboard is phenomenal: I type loads faster than any other OS.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice man, the Q10 is a very solid device but I can definitely understand those that want to stick to legacy OS. There is a definite learning curve to BB10 that can keep some diehard track pad users away. I had the q10 for about 4 months before switching back to the Z10. Copy and pasting takes some getting used to but I didn't find it too bad after a while. I actually switched back to the Z10 because the virtual keyboard is phenomenal: I type loads faster than any other OS.

I'm an ex-BB user, which you can see in my signature was legacy devices (9000 and 9700). I played with the Z10 in a store, but I just couldn't adapt to the gestures or the hub.

I'm now able to type faster on my Nokia Lumia 920 than I was able to on my legacy BB devices.

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
kb1234, it is a blast to welcome you. I can see you have been busy posting in other forums (CrackBerry's loss, our gain!!), so I am excited to hear what you think of the L925 when you get it.

Just a sexy phone, a favorite among our crowd. Incidently, as a former WebOS user and lover, I really like BB10. I think it is a great effort, and the gesture based OS is a ton of fun. But the UI of WP just is common sense, and in the end that just keeps me with it.

Let us know what you think!! It will be a blast to see how your opinions on WP 8.1 will be, as it will come in a couple months and you will be looking at WP with a still-fresh set of eyes. I love those kinds of threads!!

Snowmutt, thanks so much for the kind welcoming! Haha yes I've been with BB/crackberry since my first smartphone, the curve 8530.

I am totally content with what BB10 is all about, and yea it brings back memories of my pre and pixi!

I'll be looking forward to this new experience on WP8 especially 8.1. I'll be sure to give my opinions where I see fit!

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm an ex-BB user, which you can see in my signature was legacy devices (9000 and 9700). I played with the Z10 in a store, but I just couldn't adapt to the gestures or the hub.

I'm now able to type faster on my Nokia Lumia 920 than I was able to on my legacy BB devices.

Neat! I wish I could get my hands on a 9000. Yes I totally understand, I know a few people who've had difficulty with BB10. That's awesome I'm eager to get my hands on that keyboard. I've used it in store on the demo phone and the auto correct is amazing

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
To the op, make sure to get the Dev Preview to get 8.1. You'll love it! :D

Can't wait to try it out, I want to watch all the tutorial videos on all features of the OS, I don't want to miss out on anything. I've been recently reading about glance and double tap and a few other things which all sound interesting

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

kb1234

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
8.1 is looking awesome.... Notification center looks great and cortana too, I think im gonna use that quite often

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss