Thinking of moving to a Windows Phone

Bfalcon1

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have been a Blackberry user for the last 10 years and currently own a Z10. Windows Phones are intriguing. Should I make the switch and what are some of the best reasons I should? I am also thinking Android as well but seem to think Windows would be better.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Woof!

The fish are jumping!
The reasons I ended up here were:

Smooth and quick for a lowdown cost.
30 apps on the phone don't load the device down.
Depending on the device photos can be stellar.
Pre-installed office turned out to be a plus for me.

Come on over you will be very welcome here!
Best regards!

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
WP8 is very stable/reliable OS and beautiful. It's always fast. You can have as many apps you want on your phone and they don't slow down. Your phone will run same speed like the 1st day even after months or years using it. There is no virus, neither is antivirus app.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Being in tech support I can tell you that while Android devices currently offer the most bells and whistles, they are also my largest call type. I see many people trading in device after device trying to find one that is stable.

Save yourself the trouble, get a windows phone. Maybe middle of the road to high end depending on your needs. I have an HTC 8X and its smooth as butter with tons of apps, pictures and music. Switching apps is still speedy and the camera quality only gets better on some of the Nokia devices.

Try them hands on to compare but I think this OS is shaping up to be the very best. Sales reps may not corroborate our gushing tales of happiness here, but they also love to bash it before they try it.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP central, you won't regret going with the Windows OS and should you need any help we are all here to assist. Good luck with your choice.

Libby Sladaritz

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
OK, then why on my HTC 8X will videos not play 99% of the time? They may randomely play. My daughter can be beside me with her 8X and play them but I can't. A friend is having issues with her Nokia 525 (I think that is the number) doing the same thing and I have seen post of others with this issue. Was thinking of going to the Nokia 1520 but not if they won't open. My son's HTC One which is android based downloaded an app for the family room and never has an issue.
This is nuts!!!!

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
OK, then why on my HTC 8X will videos not play 99% of the time? They may randomely play. My daughter can be beside me with her 8X and play them but I can't. A friend is having issues with her Nokia 525 (I think that is the number) doing the same thing and I have seen post of others with this issue. Was thinking of going to the Nokia 1520 but not if they won't open. My son's HTC One which is android based downloaded an app for the family room and never has an issue.
This is nuts!!!!
what videos are u talking abt?youtube??

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
No one can say that any phone whether it be a wp or android is perfect, saying so doesn't mean I'm not a WP fan, i agree that there are some limitations in the os, but only till MS finds the best way to implement it without compromising os experience, there is shortage of apps, but u won't notice while switching from blackberry, buy a 1520, 1320 or 1020and u won't be disappointed

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
This is nuts!!!!

If your daughters 8X works fine and yours doesn't then you have a hardware issue not a software issue.

I had an 8X for 2 years. I had the same problem you are describing and my wife didn't have this issue which she used the same phone.

But, she was having issues with text messages not being able to be sent and my phone did not have this issue.

We upgraded to the Lumia Icon and have not had any issues so far except for one. People getting jealous of my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12