New iPhone convert

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey I'm fairly new here. I've been posting in the icon sub forum for a bit now, but I figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm a Mac user, who's been on the iPhone since the 3G though I did have a stint with Android (Nexus One & Droid X). I decided to go with the Icon over the Note 3 because the hardware specs while almost identical looked a tad better. The Nokia reputation was superior to Samsung's and I thought the core apps like email, explorer and office would be a better fit for me.

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all, I will say this forum has a nice feel to it and the members are largely helpful and friendly. I, like many of you have been to sites that sometimes are less helpful and a bit more caustic.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi there.

You have officially met the introduction protocol for Mobile Nations!
...jest kidding there...

Sincerely
Welcome and enjoy!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What do you like better on the icon verses the iPhone and vice versa! Any questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

maflynn

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What do you like better on the icon verses the iPhone and vice versa! Any questions feel free to ask.
The UI for windows is better, the large screen. I'm liking the email apps better. It may sound weird, but the button placement on the icon just works. So natural, I instantly go to the side, makes so much sense :) The start button, seems to work better not being physical and I like the back button.

As for the iPhone, I miss iMessage, because I could text from my phone or my computer - a real plus. Games seem to take less of a hit on the battery for the iPhone then the Icon.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Traitor, you will be casted out from the church of the holy apple, may the earth beneath your feet crack open and let you fall deep in the pit of hell called WP, he is your master now. Welcome brother, walk into the light and let us lead you in your first steps.

Hm, I just could have said hi
Bud he's just fell of the apple religion......

Williams_810

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey I'm fairly new here. I've been posting in the icon sub forum for a bit now, but I figured I'd introduce myself.

I'm a Mac user, who's been on the iPhone since the 3G though I did have a stint with Android (Nexus One & Droid X). I decided to go with the Icon over the Note 3 because the hardware specs while almost identical looked a tad better. The Nokia reputation was superior to Samsung's and I thought the core apps like email, explorer and office would be a better fit for me.

Welcome to the forums!

It's nice to see a fellow iOS/Android convert!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes