Impressed with WP8, switching from Android soon...

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have also been a long time Android user and I switched to the 1520 about a month ago and I absolutely love it, no regrets! My next purchase is going to be the Surface after I have saved my pennies. LOL

Going with the Surface 2 or all out with a Surface Pro 2? Or does one of these original models better suit your budget? :)

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have also been a long time Android user and I switched to the 1520 about a month ago and I absolutely love it, no regrets! My next purchase is going to be the Surface after I have saved my pennies. LOL

you'll love the Surface. Try to get the pro version. For me, it's my laptop, tablet, and desktop since I got the docking station all at once. I have the first generation and it's perfectly fine.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You may as well try getting the 521 as a secondary phone for a while. That's worked with a lot of people who are waiting for a true flagship on T-Mo. As for the Surface, you won't be disappointed with the Surface 2. Well, that's considering you're using a Chromebook and you're probably relying a lot on the cloud.

If you decide to stick around, we'll be here for you!

Ankit Nawlakha

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been a long time Android user. Android is the only smartphone OS I have ever used. I have gone through a Galaxy S3, a HTC One, and a Moto X. I also have Nexus 7 (2013), as well as a Chromebook. I have been heavily invested in Google and Android. Still, I have always kept my eye on Windows Phone. I have been rooting for Windows 8, the Surface, Surface 2, and Windows Phone to be a success. It seems like we might be on that cusp. I have been really impressed with what Microsoft has been doing lately with Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1. I think Nadella is heading Microsoft in the right direction. Such a breath of fresh air after Ballmer.

Today I just horsed around with a Lumia 925 on display at T-Mobile. I have to say that I was really, really impressed. The screen is amazing. The deep blacks caught my eye right off the bat. The OS seems really fluid and responsive, and it is so much more cool, in my opinion, than the tired cliche of a page of app icons & folders. Animations are smooth, fast, and cool. The phone has a really good feel in the hand. I walked away very impressed. I am looking forward to switching to WP when I am out of contract in November. Between then and now, I am trying to decide on the best handset. One of the things that is most frustrating about WP is that any given handset is only available on one, maybe two, carriers. And the flagship phones...the really, really awesome ones (1520 & Icon right now) are on AT&T and Verizon. Ugh. I would like to switch to T-mobile (I am a long-time Sprint customer), but the 925 and 635 aren't what I am looking for. I am looking for a flagship phone. Why aren't the flagship handsets available on all carriers (a la the HTC One, Galaxy S5, LG G2, Iphone, etc). It doesn't make sense to me... Windows Phone would like to grow its US marketshare. Not making all the best handsets available on all carriers is just cutting your nose off to spite your face, it seems to me.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and that I look forward to joining your ranks before too long.

Hi there!
Welcome to this ever growing community!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12