Hello wpcentral from Canada

StandardToaster

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! Completely new here. Moving in from Android. Like what I see, prolly settle down here for a while.

Bought the Nexus One pretty close to if not exactly 4 years ago. It was a good ride but felt like trying out a new OS. Bought the Lumia 1020 (going through the hassle of getting it unlock from Rogers to Bell). Loving the new phone with windows 8 even though its doesn't have any phone connection!!! Maybe I'll post in the Lumia 1020 forum about my progress getting it unlocked here. Unfortunately Bell isn't selling any Nokia devices.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Mr\Ms Standard Toaster!
Getting a chuckle out the user name there :smile:
What is the story behind that user name if I may be so bold?

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Absolute blast having a neighbor show up on our forums. Glad to have you from Android. We are so much more fun then them....

And, color me curious to the screen name too. Glad Guytronic asked first. Now all I have to do is sneak around the side and listen in on the origin of the Standard Toaster.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Absolute blast having a neighbor show up on our forums. Glad to have you from Android. We are so much more fun then them....

And, color me curious to the screen name too. Glad Guytronic asked first. Now all I have to do is sneak around the side and listen in on the origin of the Standard Toaster.

Hahahaha!
Wow snowmutt...I knew there was a reason you are awesome!
U R a Canadian!
The more Canadians the better I say!
:smile: X10

StandardToaster

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Now I'm more curious about why you guys are curious about the screen name for! Honestly I'm bad with coming up with usernames, so I went to a username generating site. I selected the first noun I liked (toaster) and hit random generate, and viola StandardToaster. Sorry there is no more history about it than that, but it sounds funny in a plain sort of way.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Another Canadian on Bell here. A friend of mine who works for my provinces regional carrier (Sasktel) says that once the Microsoft-Nokia deal goes through they will be carrying Microkia devices. The reason this is pertinent is that Sasktel has an exclusive network and device sharing agreement with Bell. In other words, Sasktel only carries devices that Bell carries. An end to our mutual suffering is coming, friend. :)

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Now I'm more curious about why you guys are curious about the screen name for! Honestly I'm bad with coming up with usernames, so I went to a username generating site. I selected the first noun I liked (toaster) and hit random generate, and viola StandardToaster. Sorry there is no more history about it than that, but it sounds funny in a plain sort of way.

Reason I was curious is because there is an ongoing thread on another mobile hacking website titled "Can't Root my Toaster!"
That thread had thousands of hits with reply's and I think it still lives.
Thot maybe you had developed the user from that.

Still StandardToaster is quite unique!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Howdy doodily-doo! I knew a toaster once, his name was Talkie Toaster. If you get this reference you win the internet.

Also, welcome!

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hahahaha!
Wow snowmutt...I knew there was a reason you are awesome!
U R a Canadian!
The more Canadians the better I say!
:smile: X10

About to disapoint my fellow WPC-ers......

Sorry, I meant "neighbor", I met the neighbor from Android Central. I, sadly, am not Canadian.

However, I LOVE Windsor and Nova Scotia, 2 providences I have spent some time in. Want to hit Toronto and the Western section in a bad way.

I bet Standard Toaster is either really amused or really confused as to how he lost control of his welcome thread.

This happens on WPC a ton, Mr. Toaster. You will become used to it....

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
About to disapoint my fellow WPC-ers......

Sorry, I meant "neighbor", I met the neighbor from Android Central. I, sadly, am not Canadian.

However, I LOVE Windsor and Nova Scotia, 2 providences I have spent some time in. Want to hit Toronto and the Western section in a bad way.

I bet Standard Toaster is either really amused or really confused as to how he lost control of his welcome thread.

This happens on WPC a ton, Mr. Toaster. You will become used to it....

Not Canadian :cry:
Hahaha...no issue Snow.
Completely my fault for assuming my friend :smile:

Someday I will see the East side of Canada.
My last time up there was to Waterton above Glacier NP ... loved it ... you can hike in the park there with your dawgs!
Not like the US where in most parks dogs are not allowed :unhappy:

ea2099

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I am also on Bell and considering buying the 1020 they have for sale at BestBuy (Calgary). I absolutely need to get it unlocked, though. There's no way I would ever pay Rogers another cent in my life.

May I ask for details about where you purchased yours? Where/how you got it unlocked? Ease of unlocking and setting up on Bell? Any issues to report?

Thanks in advance ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3