Saying Hello

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My name is Bob and I ride a VFR (Honda V four motorcycle), I am based on the southern edge of London.

I wonder how many share my experience of Windows 8 etc.

My lad had a Windows 8 laptop, I wasn't impressed, at Xmas I bought my wife a new one with 8.1 and wow, what a difference, it was like a different OS.

I am not a stranger to IT, I ran one of the UK's smallest independent ISP's from a small island, I can remember people moaning about the move from DOS to Windows 3.1 and again the move to 95, I remember saying to a friend, "It's just like GEM, but better" (Gem was Digital Researches, graphical front end and far better than W 3.1), my wife and kids all had Windows phones, I was stuck with XP and an HTC HD2 running Windows 6.5, all that changed on seeing 8.1.

New desktop hooked up to TV acting as file server/media center. Followed by new laptop for me, new phones for me and the wife a Nokia 1520 for me and a 520 for the missus, then I bit the bullet and bought myself a Surface Pro (Going cheap and for a saving of ?400 I can live without a double position stand) and finally a Surface 2 for the wife.

I am so pleased with the ease of use and integration between all the devices, we even got office 365 on everything, the whole system and each device is a delight to use, I love One Note and family room, if only I could find a better use for it :smile:

I still meet plenty of people who haven't figured out W8.1 yet, still trying to figure out what has happened and harking for the past, in a year or two's time they will all look back at Android and XP etc with horror, old people hey, no imagination (I am 15 going on 58).

I do have an issue with my 1520 (Will do post in relevant forum) but even with that issue I am a fan of Windows phone and Windows 8.1, looking forward to the 8.1 phone upgrade and what comes next.

Bob

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Please ignore this post, I typed it out and thought it had disappeared but as it was my first post within seconds of joining it obviously needed allowing but I had already typed out a new one.

Sorry folks.

Bob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett