New member AND new to Windows Phone

MetalKore

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I have used an iPhone since the first generation, recently decided to make a change. I've had my Nokia Lumia 1520 for about 2 weeks now. A co-worker told me about this site, and if I had not found you guys I think I would have given up on Windows Phone. Sometimes I feel that there is too much information on here, and I have to take a breath and control my urge to explore everything here. This site has been so much help! Thank you

Brian

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To WP Centrals forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
Good Luck.

MetalKore

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I do have 8.1, and that was a big help for me as far as the little things like the notification enter. I am looking for either an app for WP, or one on my laptop, that I can customize my start screen a bit easier (instead of the tapping the tile and dragging and resizing). Any options?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I do have 8.1, and that was a big help for me as far as the little things like the notification enter. I am looking for either an app for WP, or one on my laptop, that I can customize my start screen a bit easier (instead of the tapping the tile and dragging and resizing). Any options?
Currently, aside from updating or pinning their own respective live tile/s, apps really can't change the Start Screen.

Anyway, welcome!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

The idea of an app being able to move all my tiles around on me scares me, haha. Imagine if it goes and bugs out and resizes all your tiles. AHHHHH!!!! :crying: haha. And if take a step back to think about it...how would you tell the app what you wanted and where? You'd have to take and drag them all around in the app...or have something that alphabetizes them?

Depending on how you use the phone, the Live Tiles are something you will move around, but never a ton of them all at once. I have my core 10-15 apps that take up the top of my screen; and basically never move those. So it just becomes second nature to tap a certain spot for the SMS app.

My second tier I have filled with games and shortcuts to an Xbox site I frequent (TrueAchievements)...this changes often but just that I swap out a game I don't play for my newest flavor.

The bottom tier I use to just pin 'FYI's for myself. Restaurants someone just suggested (do a quick search, pin to start, and read the details later) or websites I need to check on later; or points of interest I want to make sure we see while on a vacation. Once I save off that info / complete the mission, I just unpin the tile. So these change VERY frequently but an app would only screw them up for me, haha.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral MetalKore, you have found the right place to get all the info you need for your Windows Phone. You have an awesome Lumia 1520 which is the best of its kind.
Enjoy your stay at WPCentral and have fun !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon