Hello, WP7.5 veteran here, recently upgraded to 8.1

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
If you have the notification center then you do have wp 8.1 . Congrats ! For cortana to work set the settings like the other members said but also delete the other countries if you have them added. US must be the only one for cortana to appear ( I don't know if adding other countries/ keyboard languages after having cortana makes any modification) . So .. for example at the keyboard settings if you have US and UK , delete the UK one . Good luck !

Nah... I have my local language and Cortana still works.

hesu4a3a.png

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
From Settings>About, what is the "OS Version" reported on your phone?
There are actually a number of dependencies you need to take care of first before you can finally get Cortana. In your list of apps, do you actually see an icon for "Cortana"?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
It would really help if OP posted his OS version. Or verified it himself. Cortana appears with all settings set to English (US) irrespective of where the phone was manufactured or bought.

Shankar chandran S

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
some of my friends have the same issue . i think they have not set the location and time zone before installing DP. I am the only one that in know how has 8.1 and Cortana.
In my case when i started Cortana from app List , it refused to start saying that it donot know my language . I have to install US English , then every thing worked

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium