1st Time WP User Coming from Android

CEGNJ31

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I have been a Samsung Galaxy user since it's inception & have loved those phones. While I was waiting in Verizon to buy the S5, I started playing with the Samsung ATIV SE (the only windows phone on display in this gigantic store). I really kind of fell in love with it. Afraid to switch, I went with the S5. While it was fine, I was disappointed by the design and wasn't thrilled with it and kept thinking about the Windows Phone. So I did a lot of research and spoke with a friend who's on her 2nd WP (and who has had both an iPhone and Androids) and wouldn't go back to either. Then I watched the 8.1 preview and I was sold. So I switched. The guys in the Verizon store looked at me like I had 10 heads. I also asked about the Nokia phones - they said they had them in the back!!! In the BACK! I have to say I was shocked they wouldn't even have them out on display. They both asked why I wanted to switch. I gave my reasons and got the phone, but I have to say their reactions were very surprising to me. In any case, I've only had it for a day & am really looking forward to when 8.1 is officially rolled out because that was really the WP selling point for me. In the meantime, I am hoping to learn the ins & outs online here!

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPC CEGNJ31!

Please ask if you have any questions. The community will be glad to help make your transition phase easier.

Enjoy WPC!

CEGNJ31

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I do feel like I'm coming over to the dark side. I will be shunned by society! LOL Before I officially joined this site, I could see how much more friendly & helpful the WP community is than the Android.

borasar

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone! I do feel like I'm coming over to the dark side. I will be shunned by society! LOL Before I officially joined this site, I could see how much more friendly & helpful the WP community is than the Android.

we're like the marines man, few and proud and those of us with nokias are pretty much armed ;P

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the wonderful world of Window Phone. You are now part of a special minority (as you saw with your Verizon experience). While the OS isn't perfect I hope you will find it as enjoyable as I do......I love it!

CEGNJ31

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I did! I did a little research (on the forums actually) and I chose it for the reasons people gave for choosing the Samsung over the Nokia - mainly the SIM card. Guess I'm still holding on to a little piece of my android :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo