My name is Nikki and I'm an Ambassador over at iMore. I decided I needed to do a little venturing on Mobile Nations, so you'll see me here periodically. Even though I started off on Crackberry and Android Central years ago, those forums don't seem to catch my attention like this one does

Thanks in advance for having me
    Laura Knotek, a5cent, Pete and 4 others like this.
    05-02-2014 02:30 AM
    Hey nikki! Great to see you here. We're a friendly bunch, have a look around and make yourself at home!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 02:35 AM
    Welcome!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 03:17 AM
    We're just too sexy over here to ignore. Or maybe it's the Lumia that are too sexy.
    rdubmu and nikkisharif like this.
    05-02-2014 03:34 AM
    Thanks for the warm welcome
    05-02-2014 11:51 AM
    Hi and welcome! Glad you decided to join us here. 😊
    rdubmu, nikkisharif and Guytronic like this.
    05-02-2014 11:53 AM
    Adding a hello!
    Glad you found WPC!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 11:56 AM
    Hey, Nikki! Welcome to WPCentral!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 02:32 PM
    Hi! It's always nice to see a fellow iPhone user here!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 02:52 PM
    Y'all are too kind...thanks
    05-02-2014 10:42 PM
    Hi and welcome! Glad you decided to join us here.
    Hey Laura!!! Since I see you on iMore just about everyday, I figured I'd stop by your neck of the woods to see whats happening! So far I'm loving it
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-02-2014 10:43 PM
    Hey Nikki welcome to WPC
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 11:14 PM
    welcome aboard. enjoy
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 11:21 PM
    Welcome aboard nikkisharif!

You're probably pretty attached to that Gold 64GB 5S, but you can't really get a sense for WPC's forum without having a few day's experience with WP itself. While I've never used iOS before, I've had experience with Android. I'm sure being number one on the list for new and popular apps is nice for iOS, but that said I'm quite happy with my Windows Phone, and it's getting better all the time. So welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy it here. If you've never used Windows Phone for any amount of time, I hope you get the chance of having some time with it. I'd be curious about your impressions...
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-02-2014 11:25 PM
    Thanks Everyone!!!

Welcome aboard nikkisharif!

You're probably pretty attached to that Gold 64GB 5S, but you can't really get a sense for WPC's forum without having a few day's experience with WP itself. While I've never used iOS before, I've had experience with Android. I'm sure being number one on the list for new and popular apps is nice for iOS, but that said I'm quite happy with my Windows Phone, and it's getting better all the time. So welcome aboard, I hope you enjoy it here. If you've never used Windows Phone for any amount of time, I hope you get the chance of having some time with it. I'd be curious about your impressions...
    My mom and daughter both had Windows Phones at one point but I never got a real chance to use it. I did have a Moto Q way back when LOL, but I'm sure WP is nothing like that!! I carry 2 phones with me at all times, a 64GB iPhone 5S & a 16GB jailbroken iPhone 4S. I have experience with Blackberry and Android devices and I came really close to getting the Moto X but I decided against it. I'm always looking for a new device for my 2nd line and I never considered WP before but just coming to this forum the past few days, that may be an option.
    05-02-2014 11:39 PM
    Thanks Everyone!!!

My mom and daughter both had Windows Phones at one point but I never got a real chance to use it. I did have a Moto Q way back when LOL, but I'm sure WP is nothing like that!! I carry 2 phones with me at all times, a 64GB iPhone 5S & a 16GB jailbroken iPhone 4S. I have experience with Blackberry and Android devices and I came really close to getting the Moto X but I decided against it. I'm always looking for a new device for my 2nd line and I never considered WP before but just coming to this forum the past few days, that may be an option.
    Well, it sounds like both your mom and daughter have moved on from their WP experience, which makes me both sad and curious. Speaking of curious, why do you always carry two iPhones with you at all times?? That is interesting!

EDIT (upon re-reading for comprehension, it seems likely the second phone is for your second line....)
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-03-2014 09:07 AM
    I know the question has not come up but I will raise it anyway. While I have a Lumia 920, I have to say that my ideal Windows Phone device has not been made yet. The Icon/930 is VERY close to my ideal WP device. It would be my ideal phone at this point, if it had a SD Card Slot and a display that was Glance capable. While I actually think there's probably a fairly sizeable amount of people that have very similar inclinations, there's no doubt quite a few different favorite WP devices...

I am hoping that by the end of the year Microsoft/Nokia will come out with a phone that scratches my spot.
    nikkisharif and rdubmu like this.
    05-03-2014 09:16 AM
    Welcome to the team!!!! These forums are very friendly! I currently just picked up a 32g black iPhone 5s. I would love a black and gold 5s or 6 if they make it!

Windows phones are great. Since you currently have a flagship device I would suggest getting a Lumia 920 to try it out. I wouldn't do the 520 as you probably wouldn't be satisfied. The icon/930 would be perfect with sd card and glance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nikkisharif and b23h like this.
    05-03-2014 09:59 PM
    Welcome to the team!!!! These forums are very friendly! I currently just picked up a 32g black iPhone 5s. I would love a black and gold 5s or 6 if they make it!

Windows phones are great. Since you currently have a flagship device I would suggest getting a Lumia 920 to try it out. I wouldn't do the 520 as you probably wouldn't be satisfied. The icon/930 would be perfect with sd card and glance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for welcoming me...I may just take your advice!!!
    b23h and metalchick719 like this.
    05-04-2014 01:59 AM
    AARG! You don't belong here without a WP! RoAR!! J/K. Have fun!
    b23h and nikkisharif like this.
    05-04-2014 07:29 AM
    Welcome to WPCentral, Nikki. A Moto Q, eh? I used Windows Mobile devices, too, but all of mine were models that had touch screens, so I never tried a Q. I guess I've had a little bit of Microsoft's Kool-Aid, having had several Windows Mobile devices, a couple different Windows Phone 7 devices (while trying different carriers - turns out I'm stuck on Verizon due to coverage), and now I'm on my third or fourth Windows Phone 8 device.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    05-05-2014 12:54 PM
    AARG! You don't belong here without a WP! RoAR!! J/K. Have fun!
    Thanks for the welcome...I may try one in the near future!

Welcome to WPCentral, Nikki. A Moto Q, eh? I used Windows Mobile devices, too, but all of mine were models that had touch screens, so I never tried a Q. I guess I've had a little bit of Microsoft's Kool-Aid, having had several Windows Mobile devices, a couple different Windows Phone 7 devices (while trying different carriers - turns out I'm stuck on Verizon due to coverage), and now I'm on my third or fourth Windows Phone 8 device.
    The Q was pretty good in its day though LOL!!! Thanks for the welcome
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-18-2014 11:51 PM
    Welcome Nikki! I have a Lumia 920 which is great but a sophisticated woman like yourself should clearly hold out for a 930 or 1520 if you do end up getting a Windows Phone.
    05-19-2014 12:17 AM