Took the leap from iOS!!

shavounda

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hello to everyone here! I've had my Lumia Icon for 2-3 weeks now and still feeling my way around, but the switch has not been bad at all. I'm coming from an iPhone 5 and had both 4's before that.

My biggest concern was the apps. I originally had searched in the WP store prior to buying the phone and was a little concerned that it either didn't have the apps I wanted, or if it did, the reviews about functionality/reliability were awful. Since then, I have found many of the apps I used in the past or 3rd party alternatives, all of which work fine. I hope more developers jump on board and recognize this platform is growing. The developers who are already on board have to keep updating and improving to stay ahead of the game.

I'm happy I made the switch, and I'm sure I will be even happier once I master this phone! The 8.1 update for this phone won't happen until June. I'm looking forward to the upgrade!

CSJr1

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the WP Community. Enjoy you Icon! It is the best thing since sliced bread and only second to my 1520:)

As far as the 8.1 update, ve hav our wayz to make them talk:)

Last edited:

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral! Glad you like your Icon - I just upgraded from the 928 to the Icon a month ago, and I love it. As for the 8.1 update, many of us are already running it, but if you're a person who would rather wait for the official push, that's fine - you'll be really pleased when you get it. :smile:

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the wonderful world of Windows phone. Now you need to get your friends to convert.

I never owned an iphone, but i did own and andriod and all I've told my friends is that they should just give WP a chance. They see my 1520 wiht the 8.1 update and they were all impressed. Some just got the galaxy S5 and are looking at trading it in. The carrier has a lot to do with the decision as well. I actaully switched from Verizon to AT&T because they have the biggest selection of WP. For the most part I'm glad I did. AT&T has made a commitment to WP, that I hope the other carriers imitate.

I'm sure as you get more familiar with your WP device, things will begin to feel a lot more personal and you'll be wondering how you ever lived with iOS. Enjoy your WP experience.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, Shavounda to both WPCentral and to Windows Phone itself! I too made a leap from iOS to WP back in November 2012 and am loving it. :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99