You won't believe how this Nokia 920 saved a video shoot...

seenoland

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Myself and another videographer do volunteer work for a non profit, the Peachtree Road Farmers Market, in Atlanta. each Saturday we video the top chef's in Atlanta as they do live chef demos then post them online for the market. We do a two HD camera shoot and edit, probably the only two camera chef demo at a market in America. To open the new season we had a communication mix-up and the second camera man thought the demo was cancelled so he didn't make it...and he had all the sound equipment! My shotgun mic wasn't going to reach through the crowd so, at the last second I had a "Macgyver moment" and threw my Nokia 920 down as a recorder. I couldn't believe the quality of sound we got considering the crowd noise and the fact it was a phone, not a professional mic. We cleaned it up a bit in post and the Nokia saved the shoot. Here's a shot of me setting the phone down propped up on a paper cup and the Vimeo link for all you foodies and video pros that may need their own "Macgyver moment":
This certainly speaks "volumes" (pun intended) about the quality of the Nokia 920. Microsoft and Nokia just may want to use this incident in a commercial! You certainly won't get this out of an iPhone.

And a tip of the hat to Nokia!
Nokia 920 mic arrow.jpg

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...p%3A%2F%2Fvimeo.com%2F93940835&token=RDCxsmqN

Last edited:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Wow sweet!
Amazing testament to the power of these devices!

Hey welcome to the boards and thanks so much for posting this!

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that the phone helped! Awesome. Welcome to WPCentral!

My boss was just telling me a couple weeks ago that I need to check this place out. He lives in Buford, I live in Flowery Branch, and we work in Norcross, so IIRC you're not far from work for me. I'll have to get down there and check it out. :smile:

Just looked at the map - this isn't the same place that he was telling me about. The one he was telling me about is outside the perimeter. :wink:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Just watched the video and darn the sound is amazing hard to believe it is off the 920. I've had mine since launch and this phone still amazes me :D lol,
I imagine at 18:52, that was a cringe worthy moment - with the phone ringing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786