Hello from Slovak Republic :)

BobiBolivia

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello community,

I think this will be long post, but for a reason :evil:
I am happy to introduce myself here. I am Peter, 23, and I am from Slovakia (but working for 2 years in Czech republic).
I am coming from Nokia N9 - for me personally, 1 unique masterpiece, which I was happy to obtain also about 2 years ago.
I am sticking with this phone, since I am not that guy who needs power station like today's phones are (more cores, more RAM,...), and I like simplicity of system, but as a time step forward, MeeGo became to be obsolete (DropBox API outdated for example), some problems with OS itself, like dropping of Wi-Fi connection (just sometimes, but only in moments I really need it working :D).

I was really researching, what should be my next phone.
iPhone - for me this is kind of expensive jump, and I don't want to buy refurbished, and also - I was never big fan of iThings, except Macbooks - for me it is just simply too expensive for what it can do. But I will leave this topic, to not leave any room for flamewar.
Android - I saw it once in action, and I feel pretty affected by forums around internet and flamewars. One can say that Android has millions of apps etc. etc. etc., but for me is more important fact that some manufacturers like Sony i.e. are not always keeping latest updates for their phones. I don't want to buy phone which will loose support after 1,5 year (i.e.).
Blackberry - definitely manufacturer I was looking for - swype over the system like in N9 was something I was looking for, also "industrial" feel was also something what got me, also reasonable screen size and so on. I was just about to pull trigger to buy white BB Z10 LTE, when...

... Windows Phone 8.1 hit the ground, together with announcement of Lumia 630(5) and Lumia 930. And because I need a phone which can make reasonable shots, I think I will jump to WP8.1 band-wagon with Nokia L930. But Nokia N9 will get new screen, and will remain as my backup phone for sure ! :love:

Since this is just for introduction, I will ask specific questions on different places in this forum.

See ya,
Bobi.

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You came from the N9? That was my first choice! Then the 620 came along, and the rest is history ;)

Welcome to WPCentral! If you do decide to go BB (which is what I'd do if I were you), go to the Crackberry forums~

BobiBolivia

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You came from the N9? That was my first choice! Then the 620 came along, and the rest is history ;)

Welcome to WPCentral! If you do decide to go BB (which is what I'd do if I were you), go to the Crackberry forums~

Well, Nokia N9 was in fact my absolute first smartphone I ever had in my hands. Well, since a time ago I was making some "walk to past" picture, let me share with you, which phones I owned (chronologically):

historia.jpg
Who will find yourself in this picture ? :)

Anyway, BB Z10 is still one of possible choices, but I want to see reviews about Nokia L930, as I said I want good shots in a good phone.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, Nokia N9 was in fact my absolute first smartphone I ever had in my hands. Well, since a time ago I was making some "walk to past" picture, let me share with you, which phones I owned (chronologically):

View attachment 68915
Who will find yourself in this picture ? :)

Anyway, BB Z10 is still one of possible choices, but I want to see reviews about Nokia L930, as I said I want good shots in a good phone.
You might want to take a second look at the 1020. You'll really miss Glance/Sleeping Screen and Double tap to Wake with the 930.

BobiBolivia

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You might want to take a second look at the 1020. You'll really miss Glance/Sleeping Screen and Double tap to Wake with the 930.

Well, 1020 is still also as possible choice (pushed by fact I am in O2 so 64GB is pretty possible), but it has weaker battery, and I saw a review of Lumia Icon, which has same photo specs as 930, and by comparing with 1020, specially in the night scenes 1020 was performing little bit worse than Icon.
I have never used Glance screen on N9 (pretty much I have enough stuff to do during day, so this is not top-must-have feature for me, also if I need to take a look on time, I have a watch ;-)). Double tap will be surely missing feature, it's about compromises I think.
I will set another topic in different place, might be good to see opinions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos