Just ordered a red Lumia 1520...

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
So I figured I'd say hello to the community while I wait for it to arrive.
Very excited. I'm new to the OS so I'll be doing a great deal of lurking and also asking loads of newbie questions.
Cheers!

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
So I figured I'd say hello to the community while I wait for it to arrive.
Very excited. I'm new to the OS so I'll be doing a great deal of lurking and also asking loads of newbie questions.
Cheers!

Welcome to the WP world. The 1520 is an awesome phone. I hope you enjoy it.

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome!
I'm seriously excited. It's H U G E and will take some getting used to but it's exactly what I want.
I took a macro of my my order form and it just blew me away. INSANE camera.
OS was very fluid and smooth. I've got 8.1 on my laptop, of course, so it was very familiar.
I started my experience with smartphones with a pocket pc on Windows 5.0 and used windows devices up to the HTC Tilt on 6.5. Then I went to BlackBerry, iOS, and Android and I've been wanting to try out a WP for a very long time.
I regret never having tried Symbian, but this is a great way to come back to Nokia.
Very excited. Just found out the device already shipped so I'm totally wired.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the same sexy beast, love this glossy red 1520! You'll get accustomed to the size. I now can't look at my old 920 without thinking it's a toy phone, lol.

mike.strock

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
QBNKelt - You are coming from Android? I left Android to go to a 1520 and I won't look back. Love the 1520, especially with 8.1 . If you need assistance, please leave a note here, the folks are very helpful.

Welcome to the club. I always carry my phone naked, but there are some good cases out there. Depends upon what you are looking for, really.

BodyGuardz UltraTough Clear Full Body for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Windows Phone Cases

Looks like a good one, but I have no experience.

​Mike.

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I see you've ventured over to this forum as well! I'm also guilty.. We can't let iMore know.

LOL!!!!! hey fancy meeting you here! Yup iMore knows that I'm happily multiplatform. I've been wanting this phone for a very long time and I finally did it. 💖

I CAN'T WAIT for it to get here. SO EXCITED.

Sent from my SEXY RED SGIII using Tapatalk.

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
QBNKelt - You are coming from Android? I left Android to go to a 1520 and I won't look back. Love the 1520, especially with 8.1 . If you need assistance, please leave a note here, the folks are very helpful.

Welcome to the club. I always carry my phone naked, but there are some good cases out there. Depends upon what you are looking for, really.

BodyGuardz UltraTough Clear Full Body for Nokia Lumia 1520 - Windows Phone Cases

Looks like a good one, but I have no experience.

​Mike.

Thank you! I'm actually running iOS, Android, and now WP. Also have a BB10 device but I'm retiring that one.

I would love to run the device naked but I'm afraid of dropping or scratching it.

Thanks for the tip on the case. 😊

Sent from my SEXY RED SGIII using Tapatalk.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, welcome to WPCentral!

I'm just going to ask why you went ahead and bought that 1520. For no reason at all. Yup.

(By the way, if you really skipped out on Symbian, take solace on the fact that Belle FP2 is works a lot like Android. Also, you'll do good to either get one while second-hand prices don't blow you out of the water, or not at all.)

qbnkelt

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, welcome to WPCentral!

I'm just going to ask why you went ahead and bought that 1520. For no reason at all. Yup.

(By the way, if you really skipped out on Symbian, take solace on the fact that Belle FP2 is works a lot like Android. Also, you'll do good to either get one while second-hand prices don't blow you out of the water, or not at all.)

Thank you for the welcome!

To answer your question, I've been wanting to try a Lumia for a while but I've got three lines, not four. So I retired the Q10 and got the Lumia 1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077