Hello from southern Illinois

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I just joined today after lurking awhile in the forums. My name is Lloyd, 70 years old and retired from the tech business. I've been gradually moving away from Apple gear for the last month as I'm not at all enamored of the direction the OS is taking in UI. And my needs are fairly mundane other than the music engraving I do as a hobby.

Just got a brand new HTC One (M8) at the Verizon store. This is one sweet phone/phablet, whatever you'd like to call it. The screen is easily readable without my reading specs. But oh I have a lot to learn as I wend my way around the phone.

Other gear is a Surface Pro (1st Gen) and HP 23-N010 Beats all-in-one desktop.

Now to sell my 2 year old MBPr... :)

Lloyd

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Lloyd great to see another seasoned member joining up!
Anxious to read your input in the forum and congratulations on purchasing the M8 mate... :smile:

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
thanks.

I originally came here to read about Windows phones as I had not really looked at them in a very long time. But I was getting tired of the eye strain the iPhone w/iOS7 and now the new Yosemite on the Mac was giving me, that I figured it is time to make some changes.

And since my needs are pretty minimal, the changeover isn't that daunting. I'll have to buy an app or two here and there, but I expected that.

Now off to look at Golf GPS apps in the store.... :)

Sent from my 23-n010 using Tapatalk

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP Central forums, Always nice to have new members join in, ask questions and post in the thread's.
Good Luck :smile:

lparsons21

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all the welcoming posts, appreciated.

The more I use this little jewel, the better I like it!!

Sent from my Surface with Windows 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte