Heita - From South Africa

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey All,

Mo here from Sunny South Africa.. Have always been a Nokia guy and as such own a Lumia 920 which I love.

I am an active user of the forum through the app, but havent posted anything ever.

Well great to be here and im sure you will see me around now and again..

As you can tell.. Im a hardcore BMW fan as well.. just as an FYI.

Perhaps ill post some pics from my travels within South Africa taken from my phone.. which include some spectacular sites (Cape Towns Chapmans Peak, Kruger National Park, Durbans stunning Coastal line etc).

Sweet,
Mo

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums Mo. I also own a 920 and love it too! I'm glad you are happy with yours too. Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time as part of this community :)

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello Heita and welcome to WPCentral. Glad to hear you are happy with Windows Phone. from your intro it seems you like traveling and clicking pics. So have you planned on traveling to some other country for a holiday ?

Hope to see you become an active poster too. Enjoy browsing around and have fun !

anon(8985111)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Welcome! Always good to see users joining from across the globe sharing their stories with us. Would be thrilled to learn more on how Microsoft is doing in South Africa. Keep us posted here.

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Guys..

Yeah Love travelling.. Have been to Turkey recently and plan a few more trips so will definitely share my expeditions!

The story of WP in South Africa is much the same as across the world, low uptake in the high end devices, but a growing userbase of the lower end devices. The Lumia 920 with WP8.0 should have released with WP8.1 as I know of many users who were put off by lack of OS features such as Action centre.. I didnt see the need for it, but coming from an over saturated feature interface (Android) I think people were expecting something more out of WP than the simplicity it offered. I think where it is now, is where it should have been on launch.

Have had my Lumia 920 for almost 2 years now, and still waiting for that phone that got me excited as the 920 did at the time, the 930 just isnt cutting the mustard for me.. but Lumia 1020 successor certainly will be (I hope).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Howzit! Welcome to WPC!
I come to SA once every two years or so. We have family in Joburg and PE. Amazing country, always have a good time when I visit.

cocopops

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Howzit! Welcome to WPC!
I come to SA once every two years or so. We have family in Joburg and PE. Amazing country, always have a good time when I visit.

Awesome, whare are you from? Yeah South Africa is great! Glad you visit.. I think most people have the wrong impression of RSA.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Awe Ma se kind. Welcome to WPC. Great to have you in the community. Would say Heita but reminds me too much of a certain telecommunications company. But welcome anyway. The more the merrier.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Awesome, whare are you from? Yeah South Africa is great! Glad you visit.. I think most people have the wrong impression of RSA.

My wife's family lives in the Joburg area and so we visit often because grandparents want to see the granddaughter and vice versa...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss