Hey all, got my first windows phone. Any suggestions on where to go next?

zorgond

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I finally managed to get my hands on a Samsung Ativ S. I appreciate it if anyone could guide me on what to do next as I'm completely new to windows phone os. So far I've checked for an update and in the process of updating the phone.

Another question is whether I could tinker around with the phone.

Thanks,
Zorgond.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Welcome!...and congratz on acquiring the Ativ S!
You can browse the Samsung forum section if you'd like to.
There are some good long time members who have or had Samsung phones that would be more than glad to help you.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the community zorgond. Hope you are enjoying your new device. What type of tinkering are you looking to do?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
First app you have to get is WPCentral. Some more suggestions:
Weather Flow
Bicycle Computer
CamScanner
Chronos Calendar
Flashlight Pro
Sky Wallet

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
If you had a smart phone before this one, I'd suggest downloading the Transfer app... the name of which is escaping me. And that might be Nokia exclusive... but if you can find it with my vague name, then it'll help you get situated on your new phone quickly.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
If you had a smart phone before this one, I'd suggest downloading the Transfer app... the name of which is escaping me. And that might be Nokia exclusive... but if you can find it with my vague name, then it'll help you get situated on your new phone quickly.
There's a similar app from MS

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to WPCentral - the Ativ S is a fine device! Make sure you get an app called Sysapp Pusher. You'll be able to make sure the apps you've got installed, especially the system apps, are up to date.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To WP Centrals forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
Good Luck.

O heck just have some fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte