You say hello, I say goodbye.

finbaar

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
After 7 months of living in the WP world I just sold my Ativ S. I came as a devout worshiper at the alter of Google and extremely sceptical and negative about WP. I leave as an ally. I know it is not for me but I can appreciate it as a good OS that gives it's users a quality experience. There are some great thing in WP: (that's WP 8.1 as I spent the vast majority of my time in the DP)

The start screen is really great, probably the best in class. It would be even better with widgets though.

The way SD cards are handled is superb. Why can't Google realise that people would not be confused if you allowed them to use them like adults.

MS deserve praise for the DP program. Other than poor battery life on the 1st version I was very happy using it.

I found I could still live in the Google verse. There were enough apps to get me through. This is down to a good bunch of developers who bring all kinds of "missing" services to WP, and often do it better than the official apps.

I also liked the Ativ S. It had a great screen, great battery life and ran super smooth. For me it was a great way into WP as someone who has no particular love of Nokia.

Most of the detractors of WP have no experience of it. They should give it a go first as I am sure they would have a different opinion afterwards.

I will keep the WP8 app as well just to see how you guys get on.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you joined our community and hope that you will stay around, just to keep up with Windows Phone and also Windows.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear that you'll keep the WPCentral app and peep in here to check whats going on. Sorry to see you leave behind your WP. Hope someday you will return back.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the best-executed goodbye posts I've seen in a while.

It makes you feel as if he was saying it with the sun setting in the background, and going for one last joyride before it all ends...

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Nice Beatles homage. Good luck, but is this not an option? :)
cc195f4eed68587ec33b262e9fbcade0.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

hedning

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Then I am taking your place on the forums, new here :) May your adventures with your next phone be many and pleasureful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo