New to Windows Phone and trying to leave the Apple world

murix

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am just blown away that every time that I pick up the SP3, I find another cool feature. It is one thing to read all the reviews and reports but it is just different than actually spending your day with the SP3. I had in in the office for a long (boring) meeting and took great notes with one-note.... I had to write a paper for school and I used the SP3 and the keyboard is wonderful and responsive.

After school and work... reading the news on Flipboard was great and a quick Facebook update or two was a breeze... Have not fired up my Mac Book Air since I got the Surface and I think that you will be seeing it on EBay soon....

I've had the same experience and sentiment. I'm a researcher and do a lot of writing/presenting. Bought the SP3 first week it came out, haven't used my MacBook air since. I run dual 23" touchscreen dell monitors at work with keyboard and mouse, on the road using the type cover, and at home on my couch leaning back with no cover. The SP3 serves desktop, laptop, and tablet duties. Very happy with it.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I converted over from Apple as well. I know the SP3 has a little bit of sticker shock associated with it, but it is by far the BEST device I have ever used and can 100% replace your MacBook Air, as that is what it did for me. It replaced my iPad as well, but I did pick up an HP Stream 7 as well, since I liked the smaller screen size for reading.

My girlfriend replaced her MacBook Air (13") with the HP Stream 13 and absolutely loves it - that one runs about $200. To replace her iPad she got the HP Stream 8.

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I think the days of Apple being the default choice for most is coming to an end. They will always be around and be very strong, but people are waking up to the fact that there are good alternatives out there.

Mike Majeski

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I think the days of Apple being the default choice for most is coming to an end. They will always be around and be very strong, but people are waking up to the fact that there are good alternatives out there.

Good and AFFORDABLE alternatives out there.

Obviously we are all biased towards Windows Phone on here, but even Android is starting to look as clean and professional as iOS these days.

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Good and AFFORDABLE alternatives out there.

Obviously we are all biased towards Windows Phone on here, but even Android is starting to look as clean and professional as iOS these days.

I think that IOS, Android, Windows, BB10 are all good in their own way and it is strictly preference to which you want to use..... People have choices with phones, operating systems, and now with the pre-paid carriers becoming more popular... The consumer has many more choices which is always a good thing...

Walking into one of the BIG four and signing on the line for two years is old school......

Didier3001

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Just got an M8 and love it...Stilling finding my way around, but seems incredibly well built. I want to leave the Apple Ecosystem for once and for all. I am afraid to get rid or my Ipad and MacBook Air.... should I get the Surface Pro 3 like the ad says??? any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Welcome to Windows Central. I hope you will enjoy your phone as much as I enjoy the entire Windows ecosystem. Few tips I can give you:
1. Always check the Microsoft store itself for app especially when the official website does NOT show Windows store logo. Very often the app exists but they don't bother updating their website. If you can't find what you are looking for I encourage you to contact their support. I have around 300 apps installed on my phone and I'm really missing one single app from the time I had Galaxy S3 and Iphone 4s. (Nikon camera companion app)
2. Almost all Microsoft apps for Windows Phone are excellent. I highly recommend you to have a look at them.
3. Enjoy and if you have any question or doubt, don't hesitate to come here and ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention