New to Windows Phone and trying to leave the Apple world

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Just got an M8 and love it...Stilling finding my way around, but seems incredibly well built. I want to leave the Apple Ecosystem for once and for all. I am afraid to get rid or my Ipad and MacBook Air.... should I get the Surface Pro 3 like the ad says??? any feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Go and buy an Xbox One as well, take picture on phone, as soon as you are on Wi-Fi the picture heads up to One Drive and ready to view on the Xbox One, just love where MS are going with the integration and W10 is on it's way, a good time to be heading this way.

By the way I have the original Surface Pro, it's superb so the S3 should be a really fantastic bit of kit.

And don't forget Office 365 for Unlimited cloud storage

Bob

FranBlagru

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes, get a Surface Pro 3. It will replace both your MacBook and you iPad. The only thing I would suggest keeping your iPad is for games and apps from the Apple store. Welcome to Windows Phone and Windows Central

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I do need to add that I did buy the SP3 but returned it a week later...... I liked it but couldn't afford to keep my MacBook Air, Ipad AND the SP3..(Too much money)..... I was in the middle of a million things and didn't have the time to make the transition so quickly. I was hoping to keep them all for a month or so and see them working side by side and then decide.... I didn't have enough time to really try out the SP3 properly

I am ready (Financially) now.. and can go try the SP3 again...I got the I5 128g with all the fixings.....

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
if you can wait for the new Surface Pro 4/5 (which will release around Q1 2015, I said 5 because Microsoft target on China, 4 sounds like dead in chinese), you can buy the new one, if you doesn't like the new one, you still can go back to Surface Pro 3.
Also the Nokia Lumia 1030 (which will release around Q2 2015), will feature 41MP or more, with quad-core processor and larger screen.
By the way, welcome to Windows Central :)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
There's no evidence whatsoever that Microsoft is going to release a new Surface Pro in q1 2015, and that makes sense if for no other reason than Windows 10 isn't being released then and the logical thing to do is launch a new Surface with the new OS.

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I was searching around last night on info on the Potential SP4 and didn't find anything definitive and buying something at the launch is always tricky.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
With price point being a point of interest for most people I would recommend you to research some other tablets with W8.1 so you can take advantage of the ecosystem and not compromise your wallet. Don't get me wrong, the SP3 is an amazing device, but I have the ASUS T100 Transformer which is a pretty awesome device in its own right that I feel can also rival the Macbook Air and iPad. I plan on getting a SF3 at some point but until then, I'm satisfied with the T100 Transformer, which comes with a keyboard.

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello Bob,
Glad to have another Windows user. What are your interests? What do you or do you hope to do with your computers?

I am a Student/Business Owner/ Sports Nut.... I spend a ton of time on my computer... whether it is making spread sheets and PowerPoint presentations for school or business, I am surfing the internet, writing and reading millions of emails, watching YouTube videos.... I finally found a machine that can fit all of my varied interests.... I am so excited about the SP3... I travel a lot and this is the perfect machine for me.....

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I am a Student/Business Owner/ Sports Nut.... I spend a ton of time on my computer... whether it is making spread sheets and PowerPoint presentations for school or business, I am surfing the internet, writing and reading millions of emails, watching YouTube videos.... I finally found a machine that can fit all of my varied interests.... I am so excited about the SP3... I travel a lot and this is the perfect machine for me.....

Check out this article. It breaks the different SP3 models nicely.
Buyers Guide: Which Surface Pro 3 is right for you? | Windows Central

Also, as a i5 Pro 3 user, it replaces my laptop more than my tablet, if that makes sense.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
What's great about the Surface Pro 3 is that it's large enough to be a laptop but you can carry it around easily like a tablet, ya sure the design isn't like an iPad but you got more productivity and functionality with it. You can last a few years with it compare to say an iPad in which it'll probably brick after 3 years.

anon(5061193)

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I am just blown away that every time that I pick up the SP3, I find another cool feature. It is one thing to read all the reviews and reports but it is just different than actually spending your day with the SP3. I had in in the office for a long (boring) meeting and took great notes with one-note.... I had to write a paper for school and I used the SP3 and the keyboard is wonderful and responsive.

After school and work... reading the news on Flipboard was great and a quick Facebook update or two was a breeze... Have not fired up my Mac Book Air since I got the Surface and I think that you will be seeing it on EBay soon....

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I am just blown away that every time that I pick up the SP3, I find another cool feature. It is one thing to read all the reviews and reports but it is just different than actually spending your day with the SP3. I had in in the office for a long (boring) meeting and took great notes with one-note.... I had to write a paper for school and I used the SP3 and the keyboard is wonderful and responsive.

After school and work... reading the news on Flipboard was great and a quick Facebook update or two was a breeze... Have not fired up my Mac Book Air since I got the Surface and I think that you will be seeing it on EBay soon....

Really wish I had a SP3 - seems like a really cool device!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise