New to Windows Phone

Nate Silver

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Although a windows guy for the last 20 odd years, I just recently made the switch to Windows Phone. Picked up an HTC One (M8) from Verizon, and haven't really found any reason to look back (to Android). Sure, there are concerns about the long-term well being of the platform, and I don't understand why increasing the market share continues to be such a challenge. But the user experience (for me) is right on the money. Smooth, fast, and quite intuitive. I have a huge interest in fitness and picked up the Band as soon as it was announced. Really enjoying it, and have great hopes that it and the associated Health app will become even more valuable through coming updates!

Looking forward to putting up some thoughts and questions soon, but just wanted to introduce myself to the community first.

Nate

dpaynewp

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi Nate - Welcome to windows phone and the windows central community. I made the switch to windows phone (L1020) last December after being a long time iPhone user, and I have to say I'm lovin it and haven't looked back since.

You will find the forums here a great source for general information and a lot of help with any specific issues/questions you may have.

Welcome aboard...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Welcome aboard from another M8 user. Like you, I've been Windows user for many years; all the way back to Dos. I've used WP's since the beginning. Sometimes it's good and sometime frustrating but never dull and always fun.

Ask away, there are some really good people here ready and willing to help.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard!!! Way to jump right in with both feet.

Scoring a Band that quick means you really wanted it and kept your eyes on the prize. Good for you.

Be sure to check into the HTC One forum... and try to get some of those users in the Weekly Photo Contests. I hardly ever see "taken with my One (M8)" in the description. :wink:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Sure, there are concerns about the long-term well being of the platform, and I don't understand why increasing the market share continues to be such a challenge. But the user experience (for me) is right on the money. Smooth, fast, and quite intuitive.

One of life's mysteries, there was a post on here a few weeks ago, someone goes into a shop and buys a WP after being explained what it was, and takes it back a few days later asking for a new phone that does Android stuff, because that is what the persons friends have.....

There is another post on the go saying it is complicated for beginners (Really) and the OS should copy the other OS, when what this really says is "It is different to something else and I can't be bothered to understand it".

Inertia is a very hard thing to break :wink:

But personally I think MS are doing a pretty good job from an awkward starting posistion and it's going in the right direction.

Last edited:

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the community. Great to hear you are enjoying your experience with both your new devices. Hope you enjoy your stay on the forums :)

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Welcome Nate! Hope you enjoy Windows Phone, and welcome to Windows Central :) I made the switch to Windows Phone a year and a month ago, it's such a joy to me. I hope you get the same experience. The M8 for Windows is a super device, that was a good choice.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Nate to our forums. Any relationship with the statistician that predicted the outcome of the 2012 elections correctly?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard Nate, Great to have you join the Window Phone adventure. The HTC One M8 is a fantastic phone that I would like to have but without wireless charging it doesn't work for me but anyway good luck.