Just curious about WP, let?s see...^^

Smartie020

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I?m a student, 24 from beautiful city of Hamburg, Germany.
I?m curious to the Windows Phone System.
My main phone in the moment is the BB Passport and it?ll stay that way probably.

But I like the windows phone system and just bought a Nokia 925 from Ebay :excited: .
Hope to get it in the next few days.
I heard I?m able to get the newest update, when I register as a developer. Where can I do that? Love to play with new stuff like that.

Just one question? Does this phone uses a micro sim?

Greetings, wish you all a great christmas time :kiss:,

Jannik :wink:

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Willkommen (I believe that's how you spell it :p) I don't know much about the German language so yeah....

Anywho it's interesting that you picked up a Gen 2 Windows Phone 8 device, the latest firmware updates will not benefit any of the Gen 2 phones. But you still have a great phone, the 925 can still feel great even after a year of being released. I know my 920 always felt smooth and fluid even after two years of using it.

You'll either love or hate Windows Phone, here's hoping you'll love it :) Also if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask us. Do note some of us can be a bit rude at times but we mean no harm.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll like the 925 a lot. It is a great all-around phone and a very good representation of Windows Phone 8. Check out that camera in low-light-no-flash situations. It really shows off the imaging power of Nokia, IMHO.

The micro SIM question was answered... As for the Preview for Developers: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview, all you need to know!

Welcome aboard... I started with a Lumia 521 as I was WP curious. Liked it so much I moved to a 925 and now I'm using a 1520 as a daily driver... You may like it more than you think; bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Smartie020

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Willkommen (I believe that's how you spell it :p) I don't know much about the German language so yeah....

Anywho it's interesting that you picked up a Gen 2 Windows Phone 8 device, the latest firmware updates will not benefit any of the Gen 2 phones. But you still have a great phone, the 925 can still feel great even after a year of being released. I know my 920 always felt smooth and fluid even after two years of using it.

You'll either love or hate Windows Phone, here's hoping you'll love it :) Also if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask us. Do note some of us can be a bit rude at times but we mean no harm.

Hey, what do mean by the latest firmware will not benefit any of the Gen 2 phone?
And I didn?t knew I bought a Gen 2 phone, didn?t even know there where generations

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey, what do mean by the latest firmware will not benefit any of the Gen 2 phone?
And I didn?t knew I bought a Gen 2 phone, didn?t even know there where generations

Gen 2 is referring to the fact its a x2x rather than a x3x such as the 930. All that means is new firmware updates (camera improvements etc) will mainly benefit the third gen phones and the 1520.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Heya! A warm-hearted welcome from Berlin, and nice to see some other Germans around here. If you have any questions you'd like to spell in German, please feel free contacting me via private message.

Smartie020

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
But the 925 isn?t so old If I remember correctly. Pitty they don?t benefit from the newest updates....

First I wanted to buy a 535, but i feared because of the display, which isn?t the best and furthermore many tests revealed it?s unresponsive and the system is stuttering sometimes. That?s wh< thought the better buy would be the 925 -.- well i just paid 150€, maybe I sell it then. I want the newest software xD

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed you did the 925 is better than the new low/middle spec modules.
Play around with it and buy in a while a second hand 930 (I got it a few month back for 280 euro and included a QI charger) or a 1520.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I love your Country. I spent may wonderful days in your country over the years. I worked for Carl Zeiss and spent time in Oberkocken and also worked for Siemens and spent many good days in Karlsrhue. The scenery is beautiful, the food is good and the beer is excellent.

Happy Holidays to you and your family from Arizona, USA.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Indeed cortana is live in Germany. But only the 930 (icon) and the 1520 get "Hey Cortana" because this feature is hardware related (need snapdragon 800).

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We are all hoping new, top tier hardware will be announced this Spring...

I think the 925 is a good start and I wouldn't be so fast to dump her. I'm telling you, get some photos with it and you'll be so happy with what 8MP of quality imaging can look like rather than, "Oh, by the way, we shoved a camera around back somewhere." My 925 was a workhorse and I got a lot out of it. Navigation, photos, music player, Office, comm, Live Tile updates on what interested me most, battery life, screen readability, etc. She'll treat you fine until a new flagship sails into harbor.

925 is still a very recommendable phone for the next 6 months at least.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah sorry for the long wait, but yes when I said the latest firmware won't benefit the 925, I simply meant the camera improvements. There might be some behind the scene improvements like battery, audio, Wi-Fi and others for the 925 but the main features of that update will not work on the 925.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo