01-15-2015 02:48 PM
33 12
tools
    Re: Glance.

Some screens can't have Glance due to a physical limitation with the hardware. While the 930 has a killer display in terms of pixel density, it lacks "screen memory" which is needed for Glance. That's my rudimentary understanding at any rate.

I love, love, love Glance. I just find it so useful to not have to wake the phone up to tell clearly what so many statuses and notifications are doing. I keep mine set to always on, but the proximity sensor limits that. If the phone is in my pocket, or face down on a table, the screen stays unlit. But the moment I look at the screen there all the info is. Then if I pocket the phone again or lay it back down, the screen goes out. I think it saves me battery in the long run as I don't have to wake the phone every time I want to see a simple status... And I get a pretty wide choice of what info displays there.

Re: IPS vs AMOLED

I really prefer IPS, some love AMOLED. I can see positives to each, some are entrenched in their camp. Anyone who gives the 1520 screen a poor review is in the latter part of both those two preceding statements. I favor IPS mainly for the warmer, more realistic colors and the readability in full sunlight.

IMHO, the 367 pixel per inch density on the 1520 is right about at the sweet spot. Sure plenty of phones have a higher ppi (iPhone 6+, 930, Galaxy S5, etc.), but it is mostly wasted tech. How close to the device are you going to place your eye? At a normal viewing distance the 367 ppi holds up fantastically. I never see any pixelation.
    Thanks for your view :)
    I think i will wait until Windows Phone 10 comes out and pick then a flagship device :)
    Jack David likes this.
    12-28-2014 01:00 PM
    Sounds like you're settling into the community well already! Welcome!
    PK070, Ed Boland and Jack David like this.
    12-29-2014 04:54 AM
    Sounds like you're settling into the community well already! Welcome!
    Well i just want to give Windows Phone a fair chance. And i think a allround chance is by getting a flagship phone.
    Muessig, Ed Boland and Jack David like this.
    12-29-2014 05:55 AM
    Well i just want to give Windows Phone a fair chance. And i think a allround chance is by getting a flagship phone.
    I think based on your responses it is best to wait. Welcome to the community. The only caveat is that if you can get a hold of a cheap used 925 or an 830, then that is not a bad place to end up to test the waters so to speak. Build quality is good, screen is good, glance is great on the 925, the camera is great on both devices and the feel in hand, weight of device is also just right for either device. Good luck with the search.,
    01-06-2015 01:38 PM
    I think based on your responses it is best to wait. Welcome to the community. The only caveat is that if you can get a hold of a cheap used 925 or an 830, then that is not a bad place to end up to test the waters so to speak. Build quality is good, screen is good, glance is great on the 925, the camera is great on both devices and the feel in hand, weight of device is also just right for either device. Good luck with the search.,

I actually will wait as in 2 weeks i go buy the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus. So i wait at least until phones with Windows Mobile 10 are released and see the responses of people who have those devices
    Jack David likes this.
    01-08-2015 10:46 AM
    I actually will wait as in 2 weeks i go buy the 128GB iPhone 6 Plus. So i wait at least until phones with Windows Mobile 10 are released and see the responses of people who have those devices
    Okay, I honestly doubt that Windows 10 will release for phones in two weeks, as in an actual full-fledged launch, with actual flagships and all.
    Roll with a cheap 925 or 830, depending on what you prefer in the phone, and try those out first.

That said, I may have misunderstood you.
    Jack David likes this.
    01-09-2015 07:43 AM
    Welcome
    01-09-2015 09:22 AM
    Keep an eye out on the Windows Central front page for first reactions etc., when 10 comes out. Hopefully we'll see you around these parts again!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    01-15-2015 02:48 PM
33 12