Hello I am new here!

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. I'm new to Windows Phone, and WC has been a great source of information for me as I made the transition from Android. I'm sure you will, too.

PK070

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Peter and welcome to WindowsCentral. What Windows Phone are you interested in?

Well currently i would say the Lumia 930... Or if in the meantime comes a successor for the 1520 i will go for that. It's not the only phone that i will buy as i go first for the iPhone 6 Plus and than the Lumia. The Lumia is actually to try Windows Phone but i don't mind to spend between €400 and €600 as the camera is great :) I know that there are not as much apps but aslong i can use Facebook, Twitter and some local news apps i am fine as i am not really a gamer on mobile phones.

i hope there is good software for the Mac for things such as file transfers of photos and videos.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello Peter and welcome :) btw if you are considering the 6+ then buying the 1520 should not be a problem, because they're both big phones, phablets. The 1520 is slightly cheaper now, so before jumping back to IOS, I would say give the 1520 a shot. And with the denim update the camera will only get better :D

PK070

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Hello Peter and welcome :) btw if you are considering the 6+ then buying the 1520 should not be a problem, because they're both big phones, phablets. The 1520 is slightly cheaper now, so before jumping back to IOS, I would say give the 1520 a shot. And with the denim update the camera will only get better :D

I heard that the screen of the 1520 is not that great as the screen from the 930 but it's an option :) Altho i like the design of the 930 a but more. But how are the windows phones when it comes to an outdated model as i know Android models follow each other up very quick like Samsung have 2 flagships the Galaxy S & Note series.

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I heard that the screen of the 1520 is not that great as the screen from the 930 but it's an option :) Altho i like the design of the 930 a but more. But how are the windows phones when it comes to an outdated model as i know Android models follow each other up very quick like Samsung have 2 flagships the Galaxy S & Note series.

You should experience quite the opposite in terms of flagships on wp for a while (to many user's frustrations!). Device support in terms of older devices getting updates is excellent though, much better than I experienced on ios or android.

PK070

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Well i hope that Microsoft keep continuing making good devices like Nokia did.
Cause for now the iPhone has a bit more priority :sweaty: sorry guys :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you just want to get your hand in... 830 isn't bad, or go back a generation to 925. These are good all-around type phones that can give you a true feel for the OS and then when the next big flagship comes through, you can jump in with both feet.

Oh, LOLz, Welcome to the board. There was so much discussion I almost forgot I was in the Introductions forum.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Peter & Welcome Aboard ⚓ To Windows Central forums, It's great that you joined with us here and especially the Windows OS . Being a new member I would encourage you to look around and join in and post in the many forums we have and your going to meet and make many new friends that can help and answer most questions you may have.
Good Luck.

PK070

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
If you just want to get your hand in... 830 isn't bad, or go back a generation to 925. These are good all-around type phones that can give you a true feel for the OS and then when the next big flagship comes through, you can jump in with both feet.

Oh, LOLz, Welcome to the board. There was so much discussion I almost forgot I was in the Introductions forum.

Well i feel confident to get a flagship model as i also buy an iPhone 6 Plus as i have a macbook pro.
I might talk often about Apple but i am not meaning to offend anyone as both systems are great on their own way

PK070

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Can i actually login on the forum app as i used my twitter for this account? or how can i change it to a regular account?

--------
Fixed it :)

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Welcome !!! I would suggest to go for a phone with glance, since 930 doesn't have glance I would say go for 830.

you might even want to go for Lumia1020 as you would be using WP as secondary device.

PK070

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
What's so special about glance? It's just to display various items such as amount new unread emails or missed phone calls etc?

Jaypee Pagaduan

May 29, 2014
Visit site
What's so special about glance? It's just to display various items such as amount new unread emails or missed phone calls etc?
Hello there! Yup glance means what it says literally. You can see details and notifications by just "glancing" on the screen and not needing to unlock the phone

Possible details are:
- Date
- Time
- New Messages
- Missed Calls
- App Notifications
- Weather details
- And any other notifs you put on the lockscreen :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss