Back From The Droid

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I have not had a Windows Phone since 2007 or 8. I was using the HTC touch at the time with Win 6. I used to cook up roms in the kitchen back when GPS was just making a debut on the scene with the smartphones. Anyway, I went to Palm Treo, Blackberry with the Boostberry hack, then to Droid. Now I'm back and hope to stay. After having the Droid X, Note 1, Note 2, and 3 I have gotten use to a pretty large and smooth sidekick device in a smartphone. I recently got me a Lumia 1520 in search of a Device that is one with my PC. If anyone would have it I would expect MS to do it. I was intrigued about the Win 10 and thought that they may come through. They are a little late to the party but here nonetheless. I'm excited about the new innovations headed our way with the hologram tech and it got me to thinking. So I stole a 1520 off Ebay for $200 and went all in. I got all my files off Google drive and put on One Drive. I got my office apps back lubricated and ditched the Google Docs. I even got a outlook email, LOL!! I'm looking for the entire experience from MS in hopes they will deliver. Enough about me, what about you?:cool::cool:

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Peeps it is good to be back where I belong and hope to learn a lot from you guys. I have lots of questions and hoping to get some answers. I would not mind to start learning development actually...

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, I'm going back to android. I gave it a good go and got the Window Phone experience. I got both bands, migrated all my docs to One Drive, found alternative apps for the ones I loved previously and well as got some other great apps for the MS Phone, and engulfed myself into the windows experience. Since February of last year i was devoted to Windows Phone and now I believe it is time for me to head back. I would imagine you may want to know the reasons. Well, it is not cut and dry like I said I jumped in to the full experience.

The main reason for going back is MS. It seems they are consistently putting out devices with bugs. In my mind I pay the large price they ask for to get a device that has more than average bugs and they keep sending out updates to fix. That is reason one! The lack of support from the rest of the Mobile phone market plays a part as well. I'm no longer a smartphone tinker as i use to be in my younger years and I just assume have a device that works right the first time and not have to keep updating and getting work arounds. When trying to run a business and work many hours at your regular job you want to rely on your devices and not have to keep tinkering with them. It seems to me, and I'm reluctant to say it, that MS has a great potential to take a major portion of the mobile market, but not while putting out devices at top dollar that is not ready for the consumer. The consumer should not have to worry about if the device is going to fail today or tomorrow it should just work. Also the apps have many bugs and quarks. All the apps I use on the regular have problems accept the MS apps.

However, this all being said I will miss alot as I love many of the features that I will miss.
Live Images (I absolutely love them, as a videographer these are awesome)
Cortana (I know Android has Cortana now but I'm sure it is not like on the WP)
Start Screen (I love seeing everything that is important to me at a glance)
I love the way the WP was designed as a more personal device with a big help from Cortana. I will miss this the most. However, android has may great features and hopefully MS makes some adjustments and lure me back. For now I will have to say goodbye.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Best of luck Aaron...

Feel free to still stop in when you like. You are a great forum member. Thanks for contributing here as you have.

Aaron_Jones

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Best of luck Aaron...

Feel free to still stop in when you like. You are a great forum member. Thanks for contributing here as you have.

Thank you, it is greatly appreciated. I love this love forum and with the App it is easy to stay up on current happening with WP and other devices. I will continue to keep up with the WP as I feel the concept is superior to the others. I hope to come back to WP. Thanks again!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Aaron, best of luck. I understand the frustration.

Windows 10 Mobile WILL have the best PC experience at some point. It's just getting started with Continuum on the 950 and 950 XL, however, this is just the first iteration. Given time to mature and with a bevy of new devices coming to market, I believe it will be the way of the future within a few years. Problem is, a few years is still a few years away.

Like I said, best of luck. Keep up with what's happening so that when something great happens you'll be aware of it. It's coming. Not this year, but I have faith it will finally arrive.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
At least you gave it a good shot and put some thorough thought into it.

Hope you'll stick around and have a brand new Windows Phone in the not-too-distant future!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes