New to Windows Phone

Derewd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
So I have a question for all of you. I'm looking for a few good apps. I need an app for Hangouts (I know there is no official google hangouts app yet), I've tried IM+, but the paid version is like $5 and i think it's kind of steep. Also, does anyone have a favorite twitter app they recommend because naturally the official twitter app sucks (like it does on every platform). I used Tweetbot on iOS and Talon on Android, so if anyone has used one of these and has found something similar id really appriciate the input.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
So I have a question for all of you. I'm looking for a few good apps. I need an app for Hangouts (I know there is no official google hangouts app yet), I've tried IM+, but the paid version is like $5 and i think it's kind of steep. Also, does anyone have a favorite twitter app they recommend because naturally the official twitter app sucks (like it does on every platform). I used Tweetbot on iOS and Talon on Android, so if anyone has used one of these and has found something similar id really appriciate the input.

Tweetium is good. Also, there is jTalk. But paying 3$ for an app isn't that much. You spend more than that on junk food .

Derewd

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Tweetium is good. Also, there is jTalk. But paying 3$ for an app isn't that much. You spend more than that on junk food .

I actually don't have a problem with purchasing apps. I generally stay away from all apps with ads (with a few exceptions, ie: pandora), and will gladly pay for an app if I feel the value is there. It's just that IM+ doesn't feel that polished and I want to see if there are any better alternatives.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to WP Derek and the Windows Central Community!

That moment you had when you started wondering why isn't more people using Windows Phone - yup. It's that realization that has me going around evangelizing the OS, because it makes so much sense! :wink:

Pro Tip: Sign up for Bing Rewards and you'll always have free money to use in the Windows App Store.

Last edited:

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
@ OP...........
Have mercy on your soul,
you walked trough the valley of darkness but feared no evil....
just keep following that path and you are doomed to get hooked without any change of redemption.
Be ware of your future..........no social life, no hobbys and abandoned by all your friends........
..........you be all alone with a piece of plastic and glas to fondel all day just like a addict, far beyond help.
You end up on a parkbench next to al these other phonoholics...
....the outcast of human society.

Ow, before i forget
Welcome ;-)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
@ OP...........
Have mercy on your soul,
you walked trough the valley of darkness but feared no evil....
just keep following that path and you are doomed to get hooked without any change of redemption.
Be ware of your future..........no social life, no hobbys and abandoned by all your friends........
..........you be all alone with a piece of plastic and glas to fondel all day just like a addict, far beyond help.
You end up on a parkbench next to al these other phonoholics...
....the outcast of human society.

Ow, before i forget
Welcome ;-)
Ok stand down Sgt Shakespeare!

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I actually don't have a problem with purchasing apps. I generally stay away from all apps with ads (with a few exceptions, ie: pandora), and will gladly pay for an app if I feel the value is there. It's just that IM+ doesn't feel that polished and I want to see if there are any better alternatives.

It's pretty good. If you want, like I said, There is JiTalk for Hangouts.

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Welcome Derek. We are a small group but a proud one of our Windows products. Android and IPhone users.. Well I'll be polite. User of the Nokia 735 and loving it...

Tess Stinson

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Well, me again, the newest of newbies on the planet and feeling that way totally right now.

So silly me, I transferred some of my own ringtones to my new phone. They are certainly sitting on the phone - and in fact, out of frustration, the whole 8 are on the SD card and on the phone. However, the issue begins when I go into Files and select the tones, when the Move Here or Copy Here are not available. Ditto if I attempt to do this through Storage Sense. Now, I managed this, obviously by accident, a week or so back but for the life of me, I cannot make my tones appear in that "Custom" list no matter what!

Help! I detest those default Nokia or Windows "ringtones," that's not music or even a pleasant sound. :)

Tess

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Audiofiles on wp can act weird from time to time.
Especially in combination with files.
If you dont have a folder ringtones in the folder audio ( or music ) then create one.
Copy all your ringtones to your desktop.
Then delete the ones on your phone and copy the ones on your desktop to the newly created folder.
Reboot and check.

Piece of advice....never use the fileexplorer again, not for copy, paste or delete.
Just use it to find and or to open a file, nothing more.
Somehow it screws up the librarysystem in wp, just like the older musicplayer.
In wp 8.0 where some issues with audio files that multiplied there selves.
The venom is in the librarysystem, but even in wp8.1 it sometimes occur.
I use fore all my audio the fileexplorer of my computer.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

[TIP]I personally use the "official" Twitter app, but there have been reviews of other Twitter apps such as Aeries and Tweetium. Be sure to check out this link, too, for more information about the relationship of Twitter and Windows Phones.[/TIP]

Welcome to the fourms, by the way.:cool:

MaxyBley

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the club bud. I came to Windows Phone about a year from now. Started with the Lumia 521 now with a Lumia 830. I gotta day that WP 8.1 was the best thing to ever happen to Windows phone. I felt in love with the background. Really unique to anything out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills