Dual sim Lumia 535

visti

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi :) Does it have any disadvantages of buying a dual sim Lumia if I use it with only one sim? The price of a dual sim Lumia 535 is the same as the single sim version. I don't know yet if I would use two sim cards.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi :) Does it have any disadvantages of buying a dual sim Lumia if I use it with only one sim? The price of a dual sim Lumia 535 is the same as the single sim version. I don't know yet if I would use two sim cards.

One thing what you will notice if you use only 1 SIM is that in the top of you screen you will always see a *missing" SIM icon.
Some people complained about this and that there is no way to remove this icon.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Always good to have spare sim slot especially when traveling. I wouldn't recommend this phone though. After two updates, it's still giving phantom touch issue. Maybe you should just wait for 640.😉

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In many instances Dual SIM can be an advantage...

Voice Only SIM + Dala Plan SIM.
Personal phone number + Business phone number.
Domestic SIM + Travel SIM.

Welcome to the forums. I hope you find the advice you need to get the correct device for you. There are many more Dual SIM models out there than 535. Sounds like you are on a budget?

More details about where you live and what you want from a phone might help us find more suggestions for you.

visti

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Thank you!
I'd like a Lumia with 1GB ram, led, average camera and to get windows 10. I've had a HTC 8S, I didn't like it. (In the last days it stacked in flight mode, I could not turn it off. I have reset my phone, but the problem has not solved. I tried to install a new ROM, but now it does not even starts. ) I have many bad experiences with it. I would like a smooth phone but not to expensive, I like Lumia 830 too, but it has double price :/ . I am a student from Romania.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Visti, welcome to WindowsCentral. I think the Dual SIM 535 is the way to go especially if the price is the same. And ultimately the 535 will be updated to Win10 so I don't think it is a bad investment.

visti

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 looks great. Do you know if it is coming with "Hello Cortana"? Anyway I think it will be my next phone. :excited:

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi, visti. Welcome to the forums!

In addition to what has been said, based on my personal observations, one disadvantage of having a dual SIM phone is that the quality of the signal is partially compromised compared to having just one SIM*. In areas where I used to get at least an H+ connection with a different single-SIM phone, the L535 only gets an H (The L535 dual-SIM does not have access to 4G bands, not sure about the single-SIM version). Aside from that, there seems to be no serious disadvantage.:angel:

*- This is probably due to the possibility that there are two antennas (one for each SIM) but only one power source to feed them (even if one of them isn't active), hence leading to less power supplied to the antennas, resulting in compromised signal quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12