Why & how I landed on here...

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
My first device being a Nokia 6085 Symbian OS back in 2006/7 later on I used three colors i.e gold, black and again gold released in this model. Along side with this, I had bought a BlackBerry 8700C used for chatting always(64Mb of internal memory). I became fan of brick-breaker on it and never stopped playing it. Then I got Nokia 5230 and also upgraded my BlackBerry to curve 8520 which is an outstanding and brought revolution back then in teenagers as well as adults. The touch gave me an immense feel to watch videos and music boosting out all time. I always carried both phones but I left Nokia after android came out and I wanted to grab a piece of smartphone and I choose Sony Xperia Mini Pro (Red). I loved the device from the starting day one, when I got the chance to take pics. I loved the quality, which was amazing and the google got me right until they messed up after 5-6months of usage where the Sony made me call it Slowy. It hangs, it gets heated, it's buggy, it's with all ugly things. I ignored it's pain and got a new BlackBerry torch 9860 the device touch was addiction to me and I made my mind to leave bug-droid from gingerbread.

HUB TIME: I started being a loyal user from then on to BlackBerry and got Z10 when it was out on Verizon. Been a contributor over forums for supporting BlackBerry. I was eager to try android at the time of ICS but no luck, the tablet which I bought was on it's way back to service center and I had given a low end device after 1month. Then I started using it and same repeated after few weeks. So I just throwed it inside. I bought Moto-G 2Gen on release day but after using couple of weeks. I didn't feel the BlackBerry OS10 which I was using on a Z10 back then and I sold it and Z10 to grab a Z30. I used it for more than a year and I got a Z10 as secondary and later I felt on using a Lumia hence i exchanged it with a Lumia 920. But I felt the device getting heated often like Slowy(Sony) hence I gave it back for a Q5 and some cash. This happened in the month of December last year but this month when I was shopping I had noticed the 640XL ad and the screen had fascinated me so much. Immediately I gave order for an Orange one but I received a black one within 48hrs. No returning back. No regrets. I have been happy user for past 19 days 2 hrs.

Today, couple of hrs ago I had exchanged my Z30 with Lumia 909 aka Lumia 1020.
In these two hrs, the main difference I had noticed that 640XL gives you is bigger screen and ever lasting battery just like those of basic Nokia phones(1100 for ex..)
But if that's not the issue then 1020 beats everything out of the BlackBerry Z30 and lumia 640XL. I don't want to do comparison more and I will stop here. I have to explore more in it now. YO-YO Microsoft.

#WindowsCentral :wink: :love:

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Greetings. I bow to your learnedness.

Although I am old enough to remember using and owning rotary dial land lines and bag phones, I have been a loyal iPhone user since they first launched. Owned 'em all. After replacing my umpteenth broken screen I paid the ransom to get out of my pricey Verizon contract and put my iPhone 5S in the, "to sell on ebay" drawer.

Right now I'm the proud father of a Lumia 635 ($30 open box at Wal-Mart) and a $35 no-contract Cricket Wireless plan which gives me everything I had with Verizon for about half the cost. (And ironically, about 95% of everything I had on my 5S).

I am currently waiting to see what MS has to offer by way of Phones when WP10 is ready.

Intense Soul

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey Kodiak 12, we would love to hear your experience on Lumia device so far. What's your general feedback for us?

We will be waiting to read yours too

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos