Windows Forever!

jmurray01

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello, Jamie here from Scotland.

I have came across this forum a few times while looking up problems with my phones and thought I'd be as well joining so I can hopefully make some helpful contributions rather than just using it for information.

I've always been a Microsoft Windows fan and have never ran anything else, other than Android on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.

Starting with Windows 98SE back in the early 2000s, I've made my way up to Vista which I'm currently running on a Dell Optiplex 760 USFF PC. I use Windows 7 at work but to be honest whilst Vista runs well (as it currently is) I see no reason to upgrade.

My first Windows Phone was a Nokia Lumia 520 I got with a contract back in December of 2013 and I ran that until a few weeks ago when it got slightly wet and the screen failed completely. After about a week of being without a phone and coming to the realisation that the 520 wasn't going to make a miraculous resurrection, I needed to buy another phone.

Thankfully after a quick eBay search I came across an old battered Lumia 610 (yes, a downgrade from the 520, I know) for ?19.99 and snapped it up.

That's the phone I have now of course, and it isn't outstanding being a 2012 model running WP 7.5, especially when I was used to 8.1 with all the latest updates, but it will do until my 24 month contract with Three is up for renewal in December this year and I can upgrade to the latest and greatest WP/Lumia.

That is probably far more information than was required for an introduction, but I do have a habit of starting typing and forgetting to stop. Apologies for that!

Bye for now,

Jamie.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome Jamie...

You have posted in the right area and many introduce themselves with a bit of a resume.

I hope you have fun around the place.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jamie and welcome to WindowsCentral! I'm glad you've joined our community.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow you're a patient one to be able to go back to 7.5 and wait! Could still probably find a more suitable 8.1 replacement for decent price no?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro