29 | Female | Lumia 930 Owner

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I saw this thread title, "29 | Female | Lumia 930 Owner", and my first thought was, "Yeah, I'll bet half the members on the forum go and welcome her. Almost sounds like a singles' ad." No offense intended, of course. I popped in here after welcoming the other newcomers, and sure enough, it took a while to get to the bottom of the thread. There are a few of us that welcome everyone that comes and introduces themselves, and a few others that get around to it now and then. Then there are those I've not seen post in this introductions board before, and I'm sure there will be more. :) It's all good.

Hahaha love it and no chance, and to be honest since I have made the switch a lot of people have come across like, "You did what!?!?!?!!" and what happened to being part of "TeamBlackBerry". Seriously though I loved it at first but after a while it got it annoying, seriously who cares what device you have as long as it does what you need it for then so what! :D

I hate it when people think you have to be like them to fit in. If anyone ever thinks that about me in any area of life, they'll be disappointed. I'm always doing things different than everyone else.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forums! I have a black Lumia 635, because the 635 was "inexpensive" and I'm about as much of a tightwad as there is. I then proceeded to purchase a NEON GREEN case for it, and have set my accent color to neon green as well. I really like the color myself. Always have. My wife has a cyan case on her 635, and my mother-in-law has the red case. I love choice of colors. With us all having the same phone, at least we can tell at a glance which phone belongs to whom.

Yes, my posts can get quite a bit longer than most people. I retired several years ago, and my wife works full-time outside the home while I stay home with our young daughters. Our oldest is starting kindergarten this week, which is why I wasn't online greeting newcomers yesterday. Been rather busy getting things ready. That's why I tend to post long. This place is my "outlet for adult interaction" after a full day of very young children.

Enjoy yourself on the forums, and again, welcome.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
He also said that the colour would wear off after a few weeks.

I'd stop in that shop regularly and look for the guy while he is helping someone... Then I'd interrupt and ask him why the color hasn't worn off yet like he told me it would. Right in front of his customers, I'd ask him point blank if he was a liar and let him try to explain why he isn't...

I'm mean like that. :winktongue:

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Since Lumia handsets are of course molded plastic, so the color goes all the way through, I'd be impressed if someone was able to make a hole through the body of their phone from pocket wear!

rayf888

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Greetings Nikki, I like your nonsense about having a phone in your fav color! It makes lot more sense than people claiming theirs got more apps available...

Anyway, me like the colorful devices! And i love my Red Lumia 1520.... Cheers

tmoore71

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi Nikki,

I'm a bit west of you...actually quite a ways west. Florida. I bought an International version of the 930 (black/gold), since it wasn't available Stateside. Love it! I was using a 925, and the camera on the 930 far surpasses the 925.

Welcome to the site, and hope you enjoy the posts as much as I do.

Scoutmoves

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Good for you!

too bad i cant afford a lumia :eck: i only have a cheap generic windows phone.
anyone! spare me a grumpy old lumia and please make it neon green lol

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome Nikki!! Glad to see another proud Lumia owner [and all the 930 owners that chimed in as well]. It's always great to read others' stories on how people use tech in their lives, especially Windows Phone- I think it deserves much more recognition. I keep forgetting that the 930 comes in more than 2 colors. Here in the US, the Lumia Icon/929 [the 930 equivalent] came in black or white. No green, no orange, no gold. But I like the simplicity of black for my Icon :)
Congrats on coming along for the ride!

anon(9590690)

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
I too have a 930 and I'm in Oregon using T-Mobile. I'm quite satisfied with HSPA+ because it's rather fast around here. I got the limited black/gold edition from Expansys. Great phone. Welcome!
Posted from my Lumia 930 Windows Phone

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
Welcome to WindowsCentral and thanks for the great introduction! Enjoy your Lumia 930, unfortunately for us the 930 is an unsupported device in the USA.

Verizon has the Icon, a.k.a. the Lumia 929. It's the CDMA version of the 930. For T-Mobile the closest thing is the 925.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Ahoy up there from down under. I used to have a white Lumia 1020 before it stopped talking to me. I got a replacement mother(board) and she wouldn't talk to me either. So I went back to using my first fav worlds most common colour Black. Loving it. I am waiting for cityman to rock up 940/950 or whatever but keen on trying the brighter colours.

Chirag Bajaria

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I have the limited edition gold 930s - she has white/I have black. Such a big trade up from my previous 920/her previous 925. The screen is superb - I just miss Glance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05