The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-23-2015 10:35 AM
44 12
tools
    Hello All

I'm Nikki, 29, Married and a Lumia 930 user :)

My favourite apps are Twitter, Instagram and What's App

I used to be a BlackBerry user, I had the Z10 and Q10 but I found people to become very competitive on what they had when it came to the latest software and devices and it was non stop pinging after a while it became too much, then I came across the bright green Nokia Lumia 930 and I fell in love, Neon Green is my favourite colour and before you think "oh she only got the phone because it was her favourite colour". Seriously though on a serious note I love how it gives me the basics of what I need a phone for. I'm a full time mother and I look snapping photos of my children and sharing them with family hence Instagram and I love tweeting nonsense and connecting with friends, hence Twitter. I love how I only use it to stay in touch with the husband and friends and family as and when I choose to instead of owning a BlackBerry and it constantly beeping with the groups and single chats.

I look forward to getting to know like minded people and chatting with you all.

P.S I'm from the North East of England, UK :D
    08-10-2015 04:01 AM
    I went for the Orange 930 as i love how is stands out from the crowd :)

Just a bit south from you in Norfolk....
    08-10-2015 04:13 AM
    I'm just a bit further south, here in Berkshire. Welcome to the community!

Keep on sharing what you love about Windows Phone - we love success stories!
    08-10-2015 04:17 AM
    In Northants and rocking with wp10
    08-10-2015 04:54 AM
    Welcome Nikki. A large part of my continued allegiance to the Lumia is the design and bright colour palette. Not ashamed to admit it at all lol. Also, I just prefer the look and feel of the OS. It has all the apps I use too.
    08-10-2015 04:58 AM
    Hi Nik Welcome to the forum
    08-10-2015 04:59 AM
    Welcome Nik, I just recently got my Lumia 930 as well and it's an awesome phone : ]
    08-10-2015 05:13 AM
    Greetings from The Colonies, Nikki. It's refreshing to have members who are just users and not engrossed in specs. I'll give you a tip, don't install BBM on your 930 unless you want to relive the ping nightmare.
    08-10-2015 08:30 AM
    Greetings from The Colonies, Nikki. It's refreshing to have members who are just users and not engrossed in specs. I'll give you a tip, don't install BBM on your 930 unless you want to relive the ping nightmare.
    Hahaha love it and no chance, and to be honest since I have made the switch a lot of people have come across like, "You did what!?!?!?!!" and what happened to being part of "TeamBlackBerry". Seriously though I loved it at first but after a while it got it annoying, seriously who cares what device you have as long as it does what you need it for then so what! :D

Welcome Nikki. A large part of my continued allegiance to the Lumia is the design and bright colour palette. Not ashamed to admit it at all lol. Also, I just prefer the look and feel of the OS. It has all the apps I use too.
    What colour did you go for?

I'm just a bit further south, here in Berkshire. Welcome to the community!

Keep on sharing what you love about Windows Phone - we love success stories!
    Oh I plan too!
    Last edited by xandros9; 08-10-2015 at 01:26 PM.
    08-10-2015 11:16 AM
    Welcome to WindowsCentral and thanks for the great introduction! Enjoy your Lumia 930, unfortunately for us the 930 is an unsupported device in the USA.
    08-10-2015 12:21 PM
    Welcome to WindowsCentral and thanks for the great introduction! Enjoy your Lumia 930, unfortunately for us the 930 is an unsupported device in the USA.
    Aww such a shame, it's a beautiful device!
    08-10-2015 01:18 PM
    I have a nokia lumia 830 in neon green and man i love the bright color, it's an awesome device :), enjoy your 930 :D
    RumoredNow and rhapdog like this.
    08-10-2015 01:23 PM
    I have a nokia lumia 830 in neon green and man i love the bright color, it's an awesome device :), enjoy your 930 :D
    Yay join the neon green gang lol
    08-10-2015 01:35 PM
    08-10-2015 01:39 PM
    Welcome to the board. 930 is serious kit. You have a good eye.

Be sure to check out the 930 forum... Nokia Lumia 930 - Windows Central Forums
    gpobernardo, rhapdog and jmshub like this.
    08-10-2015 04:48 PM
    Welcome to Windows Central, Nikki! Looking forward to seeing you around the forums.
    RumoredNow and rhapdog like this.
    08-11-2015 12:32 AM
    Welcome to the forum, and glad you are enjoying your phone.

just a tip, although the body can stand the pounding, but after repeated drops and falls it might get skewed (not to the visible eye), but dropping it after that will break your glass.... sense you seem very active with the phone in one hand and the baby in the other, i would suggest getting a protecting case.
    08-11-2015 01:15 AM
    welcome,,
    actually I thing you shouldn't use "Instagram Beta"
    even it's the official app but it doesn't have much feature
    try 6tag if you want better Instagram

http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=xLsHSVff
    08-11-2015 03:16 AM
    I went for the Orange 930 as i love how is stands out from the crowd :)

Just a bit south from you in Norfolk....
    I got my orange 930 back in January.
    The guy at the store kept telling me I was making a mistake because its WP.
    He also said that the colour would wear off after a few weeks.
    08-11-2015 04:24 AM
    I got my orange 930 back in January.
    The guy at the store kept telling me I was making a mistake because its WP.
    Now that guy at the store was being bizarre.
    rhapdog and RumoredNow like this.
    08-11-2015 05:15 AM
    Hello
    08-11-2015 07:32 AM
    Okay, I saw this thread title, "29 | Female | Lumia 930 Owner", and my first thought was, "Yeah, I'll bet half the members on the forum go and welcome her. Almost sounds like a singles' ad." No offense intended, of course. I popped in here after welcoming the other newcomers, and sure enough, it took a while to get to the bottom of the thread. There are a few of us that welcome everyone that comes and introduces themselves, and a few others that get around to it now and then. Then there are those I've not seen post in this introductions board before, and I'm sure there will be more. :) It's all good.

Hahaha love it and no chance, and to be honest since I have made the switch a lot of people have come across like, "You did what!?!?!?!!" and what happened to being part of "TeamBlackBerry". Seriously though I loved it at first but after a while it got it annoying, seriously who cares what device you have as long as it does what you need it for then so what! :D
    I hate it when people think you have to be like them to fit in. If anyone ever thinks that about me in any area of life, they'll be disappointed. I'm always doing things different than everyone else.

Oh, by the way, welcome to the forums! I have a black Lumia 635, because the 635 was "inexpensive" and I'm about as much of a tightwad as there is. I then proceeded to purchase a NEON GREEN case for it, and have set my accent color to neon green as well. I really like the color myself. Always have. My wife has a cyan case on her 635, and my mother-in-law has the red case. I love choice of colors. With us all having the same phone, at least we can tell at a glance which phone belongs to whom.

Yes, my posts can get quite a bit longer than most people. I retired several years ago, and my wife works full-time outside the home while I stay home with our young daughters. Our oldest is starting kindergarten this week, which is why I wasn't online greeting newcomers yesterday. Been rather busy getting things ready. That's why I tend to post long. This place is my "outlet for adult interaction" after a full day of very young children.

Enjoy yourself on the forums, and again, welcome.
    08-11-2015 08:56 AM
    *waves from Central Texas*

hello and welcome!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    08-11-2015 09:37 AM
    Welcome! Good to have you here!
    RumoredNow and gpobernardo like this.
    08-11-2015 10:12 AM
    I'd stop in that shop regularly and look for the guy while he is helping someone... Then I'd interrupt and ask him why the color hasn't worn off yet like he told me it would. Right in front of his customers, I'd ask him point blank if he was a liar and let him try to explain why he isn't...

I'm mean like that.
    jmshub, GrayW0lf, libra89 and 2 others like this.
    08-11-2015 01:22 PM
44 12