Dutchie taking the plunge: from Apple to Windows.

Bartholomaus

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi all!

I'm making the switch tomorrow, from an iPhone 5 to the 930.

Since the release of the iPhone 4 my home has been taken over by Apple.
The Lumia will have to fight for attention with an iMac, Macbook and iPad.
But Apple doesn't really do it for me any more so this is me exploring options.

Looking forward to my first experience with Windows Phone! :excited:

Cheers,

Bart

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central Bart. The 930 is a solid device. Whatever apps you are missing I am sure the iPad will take good care of you. We are just a bit more realistic about the apps over here these days.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi Bart, welcome to the boards. It'll probably take some getting used to, but if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask :)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you will really enjoy Live Tiles. They bring what you want to know and do so close to the surface of the phone.

Welcome and be sure to let us know how you are getting on.

Bartholomaus

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks guys!

I think you will really enjoy Live Tiles.

I do! The 930 does not disappoint, nice design and display, its fast and the OS looks great.

Letdowns so far: the loose buttons on the side and the never-ending search in the system settings menu (why no categories or listed in alphabetical order?!).

M7H

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Welkom Bart!
ook ik ben van iPhone naar Windows Phone gegaan, geen apple meer voor mij!

Just give it some time to get used to windows, and i really believe you will love it like i do!
Also in my household there is a mix of apple devices and windows, i even bought me a surface 3 some time ago!
Currently I also have the 930 as my daily driver on W8.1, and have an older Lumia 925 running W10 mobile!

Bartholomaus

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Dank je!

Currently I also have the 930 as my daily driver on W8.1, and have an older Lumia 925 running W10 mobile!

Btw, are your 930 side buttons also loose and rattling?
I'm seeing a lot of people got that issue so I think it's just how it is... unfortunately.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central, and welcome to Windows Phone! I too, was a long time iPhone user; had 4 generations of those, then 3 generations of Windows Phones. I love BOTH plaforms, as my current daily "go-to" devices are a Nokia Lumia 1520 with Windows 10 Mobile preview and an iPad Air 2. They compliment each other nicely!

Let us know if you have any questions, or need help with anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12