09-22-2015 06:45 AM
50 12
tools
    Welcome de googled myself about a year or so ago, and its good
    RumoredNow and gpobernardo like this.
    09-16-2015 09:41 AM
    Welcome Richard! Are you in Scandinavia by any chance? I had a co-worker by that last name there and hence the question. What device are you using? I am currently using a Lumia 640.
    RumoredNow, gpobernardo and ven07 like this.
    09-16-2015 10:48 AM
    Shawn, welcome to the light. We're always available to answer any questions no matter how trivial.
    RumoredNow, gpobernardo and ven07 like this.
    09-16-2015 11:03 AM
    Hey there, Microsoft & Windows lovers!
    I'll make this introduction short for you.
    Two weeks ago, I finally made the move and left Google. For real.
    I never thought I'd do that, but I did that, and to be honest, I am very
    happy with Microsoft and their services, and especially with my Lumia
    1320. Seriously - 1 GB of RAM yet it still runs smooth as hell, and that's
    just incredible!

Oh, and the name is Shawn, in case you're wondering.
    Glad to be here and glad to be a fan of Microsoft.
    Hello Shawn, glad to know that you dumped Scroogle and its services.
    09-16-2015 12:55 PM
    I too have dumped Scroogle and nearly all its rubbish services, including Search, one-and-a-half years ago. I'm happy, enjoying it and I'm not missing anything because all MS services are n times better than the equivalent Scroogle c**p and I am also comforted by the fact the MS never spies on what I do with the MS services for their profit.

The only Scroogle service I still use is YouTube, but that is unavoidable because YouTube's the only good video streaming service IMO.
    RumoredNow, ven07 and libra89 like this.
    09-16-2015 01:04 PM
    I too have dumped Scroogle and nearly all its rubbish services, including Search, one-and-a-half years ago. I'm happy, enjoying it and I'm not missing anything because all MS services are n times better than the equivalent Scroogle c**p and I am also comforted by the fact the MS never spies on what I do with the MS services for their profit.

The only Scroogle service I still use is YouTube, but that is unavoidable because YouTube's the only good video streaming service IMO.
    Yeah, I had enough with Google. I still use YouTube to listen to music and watch videos.
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    09-16-2015 02:12 PM
    I still use Gmail for my registration email.

My private email is another matter
    RumoredNow and ven07 like this.
    09-16-2015 03:28 PM
    Rivalry between fans of different technology corporations is surprisingly similar to the rivalry between medieval kingdoms and courts within those kingdoms.
    09-16-2015 10:06 PM

I use Yahoo for my throw away address now.
    ven07 likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:16 PM
    I use Yahoo for my throw away address now.
    Yahoo is for my social networking account
    09-16-2015 11:29 PM

I have like 2 hotmail, 1 outlook, and 3 gmail accounts, and they all serve their purpose :d
    ven07 likes this.
    09-17-2015 09:41 AM
    I have like 2 hotmail, 1 outlook, and 3 gmail accounts, and they all serve their purpose :d
    Sounds tiring. I have two Outlooks (one @live and one @outlook) and a couple of Gmails and Yahoos that I don't ever look at anymore and can't remember the passwords to. My main Gmail no longer exists so I stick with my two Outlooks...one is personal and the other is my everything else.
    RumoredNow and libra89 like this.
    09-17-2015 03:54 PM
    Well this second hotmail account wasn't supposed to be used anymore. I accidentaly signed up with it when i was setting up my phone, and now i don't wanna mess around changing it again.
    This outlook one is like Master account, using it to control the other two. One gmail is yt and pretty much everything else associated with google and forums like theese, other one for my facebook, and the third one also for the facebook, but the fake one i'm using for CS.
    Now see, they all have their purpose.
    09-17-2015 04:53 PM
    Well this second hotmail account wasn't supposed to be used anymore. I accidentaly signed up with it when i was setting up my phone, and now i don't wanna mess around changing it again.
    This outlook one is like Master account, using it to control the other two. One gmail is yt and pretty much everything else associated with google and forums like theese, other one for my facebook, and the third one also for the facebook, but the fake one i'm using for CS.
    Now see, they all have their purpose.
    Haha didn't say they didn't have their uses. But it still sounds incredibly tiring. Two accounts is good for me, haha.
    09-17-2015 05:54 PM
    09-17-2015 06:28 PM
    hasasimo
    Before I moved to Microsoft, I had the LG G4.
    Welcome, I hope you can find what you need, WP is a GREAT OS, fast, smooth and the Only thing it suffers from is apps in some area or another but, there are plenty of 3rd party options if you cant find what you need, and you'll be shocked on how well the browser works to fill the gap.

The G4 is a really nice phone, wish they made that phone with WP on it...I think I would jump on that in heart beat.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-17-2015 08:56 PM
    Welcome, I hope you can find what you need, WP is a GREAT OS, fast, smooth and the Only thing it suffers from is apps in some area or another but, there are plenty of 3rd party options if you cant find what you need, and you'll be shocked on how well the browser works to fill the gap.

The G4 is a really nice phone, wish they made that phone with WP on it...I think I would jump on that in heart beat.
    To be honest, the apps do not bother me.
    I only need some Microsoft applications, Facebook and Messenger, Twitter and Instagram.
    Also waiting for Periscope and Layout.
    09-18-2015 01:53 AM
    As soon as get a new PC i will most definetly do this, thanks bro
    RumoredNow and rhapdog like this.
    09-18-2015 08:22 AM
    Rivalry between fans of different technology corporations is surprisingly similar to the rivalry between medieval kingdoms and courts within those kingdoms.
    Never changes does it?
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-19-2015 06:04 AM
    ... I am also comforted by the fact the MS never spies on what I do with the MS services for their profit.
    Exactly. Not for profit. Not for the government either. It's only with your permission and they do it to improve their services to you. Google does it in order to fit advertising to you so they can make more money. It is, after all, what they started the business for, and they are good at it.

As far as email addresses go, I hired Team Hillary Clinton to set me up with a Private Email Server. I hate to have to carry 2 phones.
    09-19-2015 09:10 AM
    Welcome Shawn from Seelbach Germany hope you have fun with your new phone
    09-19-2015 09:21 AM
    Never changes does it?
    It's even worse for individual operating systems. 80% of iOS fanboys are actually psychopaths and murderers. True story.
    09-19-2015 10:12 AM
    It's even worse for individual operating systems. 80% of iOS fanboys are actually psychopaths and murderers. True story.
    Legit. Hahah
    09-19-2015 01:24 PM
    Yes, it's true
    09-22-2015 12:47 AM
    Welcome, Shawn! Glad to have one more fan over here ;)
    gpobernardo and RumoredNow like this.
    09-22-2015 06:45 AM
50 12