Goodbye Google, Hello Microsoft!

morozshawn

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey there, Microsoft & Windows lovers!
I'll make this introduction short for you.
Two weeks ago, I finally made the move and left Google. For real.
I never thought I'd do that, but I did that, and to be honest, I am very
happy with Microsoft and their services, and especially with my Lumia
1320. Seriously - 1 GB of RAM yet it still runs smooth as hell, and that's
just incredible!

Oh, and the name is Shawn, in case you're wondering.
Glad to be here and glad to be a fan of Microsoft.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, Shawn.

I too have severed anything Google from my devices. Annoyingly, YouTube remains hard to get away from as everybody links there. I try and avoid that as much as I can and won't stay on there surfing. And I always look for alternate hosts for what I want when embedding, but I'm sure you see the difficulties.

Anyway, glad you made the switch and are digging it.

I have your phone's big brother, the Lumia 1520.

anon(8532178)

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, Microsoft & Windows lovers!
I'll make this introduction short for you.
Two weeks ago, I finally made the move and left Google. For real.
I never thought I'd do that, but I did that, and to be honest, I am very
happy with Microsoft and their services, and especially with my Lumia
1320. Seriously - 1 GB of RAM yet it still runs smooth as hell, and that's
just incredible!

Oh, and the name is Shawn, in case you're wondering.
Glad to be here and glad to be a fan of Microsoft.
The Lumia 1320 is wonderful device especially for a budget. Anyway welcome and greetings from California, USA.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to our side of the world Shawn :) Don't think I'll ever be able to leave Google fully and youtube is a good example of that. They provide their services and I just make sure, those are of value to me :p

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello Shawn

You should try 512 MB ram devices like 635 I'm sure you will more surprised with it's performance.

Anyway at MS platform we have extremely low official apps with great support. But 3rd party apps really fill the hole.
I recommend you to Try LINE chat apps. One of the best around and they offer great support. Recently they bring an LINE game to windows phone called LINE CubeHeroes be sure to check that.

stevesu

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome Shawn!
Like everyone else has mentioned, feel free to ask questions, we're here to help and share where we can. Changing platforms can sometimes be a struggle, hoping we can assist you with the transition.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Another google user converted, 2 in one day, well that's gotta be a good sign. Anyway, welcome Shawn, and i dont why, but first thing i rememberd when i saw your name was the anger managment, weird, i know :D

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I cut myself off from Google completely as well. YouTube is still persistent but I only really watch one YouTuber and he has his own website so I go there instead to watch his daily videos.
After my Gmail was hacked, I no longer trust Google services. I fled to Microsoft services in seek of comfort and found a collection of fantastic services that suited me far more than the Google alternatives. Not to mention my two Windows Phones and Insider PC.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Welcome, Shawn.

I too have severed anything Google from my devices. Annoyingly, YouTube remains hard to get away from as everybody links there. I try and avoid that as much as I can and won't stay on there surfing. And I always look for alternate hosts for what I want when embedding, but I'm sure you see the difficulties.

Anyway, glad you made the switch and are digging it.

I have your phone's big brother, the Lumia 1520.

Avoid YouTube? How is that possible? You'd pretty much have to avoid internet videos period to ignore YouTube lol...

MS should totally buy YouTube imo

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Avoid YouTube? How is that possible? You'd pretty much have to avoid internet videos period to ignore YouTube lol...

MS should totally buy YouTube imo

There are great YouTube apps on Windows... MetroTube and PerfectTube apps are pretty good.

To OP: Welcome.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs