Hi (soon-to-be Blackberry Convert)

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So far I love it. I had to go to class immediately after it arrived in the mail so i just performed a restore from my prevouse phone, but now I've had a chance to tweak it a bit. I purchased a Golla Air Wallet to go with it, but it's a bit tight. It is leather so it will stretch over time so that's fine. The bigger screen is definitely an improvement over the 435, and I'm happy with the performance with it. I thought I could use Nokia Drive+ but that seems to be a Lumina exclusive (which is kind of disappointing). I don't have a second cell number so I can't try out the dual-sim feature, but I got it tidied up so I don't just have 1, 1, 2, 2 on the home screen. I haven't put the screen protector on it, I can never get the bubbles out and I had already smudged it a little before thinking of putting the protector on.

Overall I'm perfectly happy with it and will use it for a while. Eventually (6-24 months) I might upgrade to a Continuum-compatible phone that I can also use as a laptop replacement, but in the mean time this is an awesome phone.

EDIT: It is now installing a second major update in a row... And I already dropped it, scuffing the frame on one side a little :(

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Drive + is not Lumia exclusive any longer. I downloaded it to my HD LTE a couple of months ago...

Drive + is having general store issues and should return. I can't even find Here or Drive on my 1520 in the store.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm not exactly happy with this phone. The speakers are pretty quiet and I think there's something wrong with the battery. I can kind of survive with the audio as otherwise it's a great phone, but it's frustrating when I barely use the phone and it dies by supper time. I'm not using Internet explorer that much, but it seems Messaging and Wunderlist eat the battery despite not being used much.

I scratched up the phone so i can no longer return it and get a proper Lumina, so I'm not entirely sure what I can do.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not exactly happy with this phone. The speakers are pretty quiet and I think there's something wrong with the battery. I can kind of survive with the audio as otherwise it's a great phone, but it's frustrating when I barely use the phone and it dies by supper time. I'm not using Internet explorer that much, but it seems Messaging and Wunderlist eat the battery despite not being used much.

I scratched up the phone so i can no longer return it and get a proper Lumina, so I'm not entirely sure what I can do.

Since the phone is new, you should charge it up to 100, let it drain to around 5% and then charge it.. Do this for about a week

Also you can limit which app are allowed to run in the background (access this via battery saver)

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Since the phone is new, you should charge it up to 100, let it drain to around 5% and then charge it.. Do this for about a week

Also you can limit which app are allowed to run in the background (access this via battery saver)
I did a complete wipe and am starting with a fresh configuration. Using Internet Explorer for ten minutes will eat 7% of battery while charging.
I have disabled cortana and Internet explorer syncing, but after I have a few hours I'll just browse the internet and drain the battery in a hour.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I did a complete wipe and am starting with a fresh configuration. Using Internet Explorer for ten minutes will eat 7% of battery while charging.
I have disabled cortana and Internet explorer syncing, but after I have a few hours I'll just browse the internet and drain the battery in a hour.

That's a lot of drain :/

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It was pretty bad. Now it's not too bad, but I'm only making one change a day (setting up app, adding account, changing setting remotely related to power/data consumption) and it is still holding fairly well.

It's still pretty quiet though.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Update: After installing Wunderlist my battery life plummeted. A damn shame, as I was starting to really use Wunderlist. Is there any other decent to-do apps that don't have such a dramatic affect on battery life? Being able to sync with my PC would be nice but not required.

Thanks.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Update: After installing Wunderlist my battery life plummeted. A damn shame, as I was starting to really use Wunderlist. Is there any other decent to-do apps that don't have such a dramatic affect on battery life? Being able to sync with my PC would be nice but not required.

Thanks.

Did you try disabling background tasks in Battery Saver?

The only ones I have running are for apps on the start screen, everything else is disabled. Oh, and I do have Wunderlist installed as well.

grahamf

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to. Now I've gotten it pretty stabilized but Internet Explorer and Wunderlist still make a noticeable drop if they're not closed.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Graham, I've gotten in the habit with WP of holding the Back Arrow and entering card view when done with an app. Closing them that way seems to help battery a lot.

OneNote is a great App for syncing across devices as SteveNoza points out. You can also share lists with others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion