11-11-2015 11:32 PM
49 12
tools
    Welcome to the fold. Hope you continue to enjoy the phone.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-19-2015 11:15 AM
    Another one has joined!

It's great to see another Windows Phone user, and believe me, it's incredibly easy to go from Android to Windows, but nearly impossible to go back. Personally, I don't have issues with the lack of apps. Everything I have is here. There are a lot less issues to worry about (Stagefright, fragmentation, etc.) and many things that makes this OS unique (tiles, themes & colors, cameras, and other goodies in Windows 10 Mobile). The 640XL is an excellent choice as a first, and aiming for the 950XL next is amazing! Here's a tip - just get involved here. Read the articles, ask questions, give opinions, all is fair game. Microsoft is picking up steam, and things can only get better from here...

Welcome to the family!
    Maxy12 and RumoredNow like this.
    10-19-2015 12:32 PM
    I can say it is, but only in English. I'd like to see the same in my own native language where it's available on stock Android keyboard. So this is why 3-rd party keyboards would come in handy.

Or

The best thing is Microsoft updating their own keyboard that would support swiping in every language.
    works perfectly to me in Arabic.

actually as long as you have predictions you have wordflow, no matter what the language.
    10-19-2015 01:15 PM
    W. I can say I still miss Google Maps as it's still better at finding things in my Country than HERE Maps or Microsoft Maps.
    Use GMAPS? Works alright for me when I want google maps library search
    RumoredNow and Slovenix like this.
    10-19-2015 01:49 PM
    Use GMAPS? Works alright for me when I want google maps library search
    I know it, but I kind of forgot about using it, thanks though, I'll give it a try :)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-19-2015 02:10 PM
    works perfectly to me in Arabic.

actually as long as you have predictions you have wordflow, no matter what the language.
    Ah yes I see. I don't have predictions .. :) maybe its coming with W10 thought.
    10-19-2015 02:11 PM
    I know it, but I kind of forgot about using it, thanks though, I'll give it a try :)
    See people, why do we need tons of apps? We forget to use them anyhow heheh

better to just have everything handled by the base system ;)
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-19-2015 02:16 PM
    See people, why do we need tons of apps? We forget to use them anyhow heheh

better to just have everything handled by the base system ;)
    I'd remember it if it was official hehe :D
    10-19-2015 02:28 PM
    i personally never felt the need of 3rd party keyboard on my phone
    also the default keyboard provides swipe to type function which is very cool
    it also suggests hindi words to me
    Laura Knotek and RumoredNow like this.
    10-20-2015 12:46 AM
    Ah yes I see. I don't have predictions .. :) maybe its coming with W10 thought.
    What language are you using? Have you downloaded predictions for it?
    Go to settings -> Keyboard and tap on your language. It should ask you to download it if it's not downloaded.
    10-20-2015 01:21 AM
    What language are you using? Have you downloaded predictions for it?
    Go to settings -> Keyboard and tap on your language. It should ask you to download it if it's not downloaded.
    I tried anything that came to my mind. Thanks thought. It's Slovene.
    10-20-2015 02:26 AM
    Welcome!

As you can see everyone here is pretty friendly (well 99.9% of us anyway ).

Have you tried offline maps yet?

I have the entire maps downloaded for the UK on my 920 which saves a lot of data (although I do have unlimited data) and not to mention reduces the battery drain significantly.
    Maxy12 and RumoredNow like this.
    10-20-2015 05:41 AM
    Nope, I have text prediction but no wordflow in my language.. I heard rumors that W10M enables wordflow for all languages, so it might come later.
    10-20-2015 06:01 AM
    Welcome!

As you can see everyone here is pretty friendly (well 99.9% of us anyway ).

Have you tried offline maps yet?

I have the entire maps downloaded for the UK on my 920 which saves a lot of data (although I do have unlimited data) and not to mention reduces the battery drain significantly.
    I am that .1%! You guys are all a bunch of pansies! Numpty heads! Gits! Nah just kidding. You're only numpty heads.
    RumoredNow and gpobernardo like this.
    10-20-2015 06:26 AM
    Been using the phone for a week. Apart from some annoying issues related to touch screen not always responding, (especially on small UI elements), the experience has been rock solid. Loving it.
    Maxy12 and libra89 like this.
    10-20-2015 07:24 AM
    Been using the phone for a week. Apart from some annoying issues related to touch screen not always responding, (especially on small UI elements), the experience has been rock solid. Loving it.
    Are those elements on webpages or anywhere on the phone?
    10-20-2015 09:15 AM
    Are those elements on webpages or anywhere on the phone?
    The phone. The small UI around the edges of the phone like the 'All settings' under the notification, the search icon in the apps drawer page. It happens when you quickly move around the screen and tap on such icons. Most of the time it registers, other times I have to make a second tap.

I thought my phone might be faulty. I went to the Microsoft store here and tried one of their display unit and it exhibited the same issue.
    10-20-2015 10:19 AM
    The phone. The small UI around the edges of the phone like the 'All settings' under the notification, the search icon in the apps drawer page. It happens when you quickly move around the screen and tap on such icons. Most of the time it registers, other times I have to make a second tap.

I thought my phone might be faulty. I went to the Microsoft store here and tried one of their display unit and it exhibited the same issue.
    Weird.. I had no problems on 3 Windows devices.. When It wouldn't register finger taps is because I miss a button or text by a millimeter or when holding a finger for 1~ seconds too long, or when swiping across the screen from one element to another instead of just tapping ;)
    10-20-2015 10:26 AM
    Welcome to the real revolution in mobile devices. We have used everything, crapple, android, blackberry, and now Windows Phone.
    The windows ecosystem is SOOOOO much better than the others. We just got our two surface 3s today, and we are loving them so far. Welcome. The 640 xl is a hell of a phone for the price!
    10-20-2015 12:00 PM

Does the 640 have Touch settings, such as the Extra Sensitive Touch option? I sometimes have problems with my 920 but not with EST turned on, except for certain web pages but I blame those pages.

Sometimes I wonder if I don't drink enough water to be conductive enough. The EST works wearing gloves, and those metal fiber tipped gloves aren't needed.
    Avi Anand likes this.
    10-20-2015 02:28 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    10-24-2015 12:38 PM
    Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here..
    RumoredNow and gpobernardo like this.
    10-28-2015 09:50 PM

I've noticed that if my fingers are wet, or not dry enough after washing my hands, I can have some difficulty, but other than that mine works great for my 640.

The warning I gave you earlier about battery life on Windows 10 Mobile no longer stands. They seem to have all that sorted out if you decide you want to take the plunge and try the Insider program for Windows 10 Mobile.
    11-08-2015 07:44 PM
    11-11-2015 11:32 PM
49 12