"Tach" from Berlin

ubo69

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi to you all,

as I am quite old fashioned my first post to this new community goes into the introduction area. :smile:

My name is Uwe, I live in Berlin (Germany) and my user name indicates my date of birth... I am new to the Windows Phone/Mobile community. I am waiting for my Lumia 950 XL to arrive. That will be my fifth smartphone. I started with a F480 from Samsung with a proprietary OS in 2008, changed that to a Samsung Wave with Bada and turned to the big screen with a Samsung Note in 2011 featuring Android. The last one was a Sony Z2 which I am still using, but after four years Android I am really bored and tired of it. So when Windows 10 was announced early this year I already made my decision to acquire a Windows 10 phone. Just did not think it would take to the end of the year. I am looking quite forward to the new phone experience and I am not afraid of the available apps situation. I have been using only a few apps regularly and those are also available for the Windows phone. I have high hopes for the camera, my phone has become increasingly the "always with me" picture taker and I rarely take a dedicated camera or even my Nikon DSLR with me anymore. Primary subject of photography being my three year old son, of course. :love:

I am really glad I have found the resource / community and I plan to pester you with all kind of questions... :excited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Uwe and welcome to WindowsCentral.

I hope you will like your new Lumia 950 XL and get some great family pictures with it. 😊

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums, Uwe!

If you don't need many apps, and Windows phones have the ones you need, there's no reason to look any further. Especially if you're looking for a great camera. I know the camera in the Lumia 950 is an awesome camera that you wouldn't regret at all, but perhaps you're waiting for something else? You never said what Windows 10 Mobile device you were looking at getting. So, since I'm the curious type, which device did you decide to get?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Willkommen, Uwe.
Sch?n, Sie hier zu sehen. Ich bin nur ein wenig eifers?chtig, dass Sie eine 950XL erhalten.
Ich hoffe, dass die Kamera Sie begeistert. Das DNG ist toll, wenn Sie mit Ihren Bildern basteln. Achten Sie darauf, dass Sie die "Rawer" app direkt am Telefon bearbeitet erhalten.
Genie?en Sie.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello Uwe, welcome to the Forums. I haven't been to Berlin in about 5 years now but used to visit often in 2009 to 2011. Really nice city. And the Lumia 950XL is an excellent device. Thanks for the great introduction.

ubo69

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks again :angel:

I am still being amazed about the content on windows central. Either in the articles or in the forum I already learned so much that I am hopeful I will not make a complete fool of myself with my first windows phone.

Considering Berlin, it has a lot of amenities like two airports, lots of cultural and commercial infrastructure and not at least my job. I have been living here for 20 years now. So the whole touristy excitement passed me by. I would dream of living somewhere else, but it is just not practical. :wink:

I still received no shipping notification from Amazon for my 950 XL. There have been several unboxings from German sites yet, I see half a dozen merchants with immediate availability, including the MS store (no physical store, though). But I am still waiting... :eck:

ubo69

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday the phone arrived :excited: I am still a bit overwhelmed with the new OS but so far I am getting through....

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Well, Uwe, you've had your new 950XL for about 7-1/2 weeks now. How's that thing working out for you?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes