Hi, I'm Developing the Windows Central App!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I do believe your introduction has made a lot of people here very happy.

From one Daniel to another, welcome!

I'm assuming you wouldn't be posting the information that you have unless you're getting pretty far along with the development, so it's good to know it will be soon. Hopefully an actual soon and not a Microsoft Soon™. ;)

danielgary

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by FAHMI BASSEM
An honor to meet you...

Does it include all features we have here??
Offline mode is one of the most important features for me!! + doesn't include syncing across devices?
Thank you
Thanks! Offline mode is definitely something we want to include. It might not make the 1.0 release, but it's in the backlog. I know it's important to users.

Originally posted by tboy2000
PLEASE can we be able to pin individual forum groups to Start (eg Surface Pro 4 forum, Lumia 1520 forum etc)
This is definitely a scenario we are looking at. I suspect this will be included.

Originally posted by mjyumping
Hi dan, will it support viewing videos and links directly on the paragraph? that would be cool :)

Embedded videos do work(as long as they are from YouTube which is 99% of videos on here).

Links open in a browser, not in the app. This is actually a better experience IMHO, but I'm open to feedback on the issue.

Originally posted by JohnStrk
Welcome Daniel. I'm looking forward to the new app. I'm assuming it will be a universal app? Hopefully it has all the same features as the current app including dark theme. And hopefully the full desktop app has a better way to read the forums then the current app. Thanks!

So the theme thing is something I am working on ATM. We want to provide some customization options, but we are also weighing more features vs release date. It might slip to an update down the road.

As for forums, I'm especially proud of how the forums experience turned out. I can honestly say the only reason I'm on here posting is because the experience is REALLY good. I think you will all like it quite a bit.

Originally posted by Musicman247
Thank you for posting! Since you're in the forums, what does the forum experience look like on the app? Have any features been added compared to the current app?

I responded to a similar question previously, but in short the forums experience saw a MAJOR improvement IMHO. I think it's really nice for browsing both on the desktop and on mobile.

Last edited by a moderator:

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Embedded videos do work(as long as they are from YouTube which is 99% of videos on here).

Links open in a browser, not in the app. This is actually a better experience IMHO, but I'm open to feedback on the issue.

For me personally, I like YouTube links launching in a user installed YouTube 3rd party app.

danielgary

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by 920Walker
Originally Posted by danielgary

For me personally, I like YouTube links launching in a user installed YouTube 3rd party app.

This is probably something we can enable down the road. Will not happen for v1.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
When will public beta be available? I know soon, soon and stuff, but will it at least make it way to us by the new year?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12