Hi, I'm Developing the Windows Central App!

danielgary

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

My name is Daniel Gary and I'm a windows developer. I'm the founder of Gateway Apps, a software firm that has worked with a number of companies to bring their apps over to Windows. We have worked with Slack, Misfit, QuizUp, EyeFi and many more.

I have been a windows developer since the Windows Mobile days.

I an currently the lead developer working on Windows Central for Windows 10. If you have any questions, post them before! If I can answer them, I will!

I hope everyone is having a great day, and I look forward to you all getting your hands on this app!

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's great news, really looking forward to seeing what the next evolution of the Windows Central app will bring - sign me up for a Beta! :D

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
An honor to meet you...

Does it include all features we have here??
Offline mode is one of the most important features for me!! + doesn't include syncing across devices?
Thank you

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Daniel. I'm looking forward to the new app. I'm assuming it will be a universal app? Hopefully it has all the same features as the current app including dark theme. And hopefully the full desktop app has a better way to read the forums then the current app. Thanks!

Musicman247

Aug 29, 2006
www.splashblog.com
Thank you for posting! Since you're in the forums, what does the forum experience look like on the app? Have any features been added compared to the current app?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Daniel, This is great news that this app is finally I assume near completion since it's been like a year we have been told its being worked on. The excitement is building again for most of us here and I believe we're expecting to see and experience an app that going to knock our socks off. We look forward seeing your hard work in the near future. I would also be interested in beta testing for you.

Last edited:

Florin_Anghel

Banned
Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Great to have you Daniel Gary!
Third party instagram app that I used and bought was yours :)
Hope you bring good quality to the WindowsCentral app. No worries, I'm taking care of Jay each morning, wishing his train is delayed by an hour or two :)))))))))
You hear me Jay? haha /jk

Regarding the WindowsCentral app, sign me up for a beta, I do really submit bugs (hint hint at insiders who just complain and don't fill bug findings)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05