12-09-2016 11:34 AM
45 12
tools
    No need to try and explain the role of the Ambassadors. I was one for a while, until the requirements to write articles and other duties beyond the role of Ambassador became excessive. Heck, maybe you've cut back on the requirements expected.
    Josiah23 likes this.
    04-16-2016 06:37 PM
    No need to try and explain the role of the Ambassadors. I was one for a while, until the requirements to write articles and other duties beyond the role of Ambassador became excessive. Heck, maybe you've cut back on the requirements expected.
    This thread is about Ambassadors and since your post addressed being an Ambassador and how much they do, I put something out for the public record, since that would be an Ambassador Team Leader function.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 04-16-2016 at 11:13 PM. Reason: post split between 2 threads
    Guytronic, ven07 and Josiah23 like this.
    04-16-2016 07:34 PM
    Hi,

My name as it says in the username is Chintan, I'm an electrical & electronic engineer in Kenya, just finished my course, waiting to graduate. I currently live in Nairobi, wonderful, exciting fast moving city. I used to live in Mombasa for over 20 years. Right now I work full time, Monday to Friday (7:30 to 4:30) and Saturday (7:30 to 7:30 the next day) and occasionally Sunday day shift when needed

Recently I got the curiosity and passion to try new things and so I am currently using the windows 10 mobile insider preview on my Lumia 1020. I had tried using windows 10 insider on my surface 3 but that's my personal pc and the issues were bugging me at that time. I have also tried using office insider but after I reset my brothers pc, I never signed up for it again

So other things about me: I'm happy to help, have always been, especially when I was in school. Whether it was maths or Physics or any other subject. I like helping since there have been many that have helped me and I like spreading that feeling.

My experience with technology has varied a lot. I currently have a lumia 1020 (which I half won, more about that below), a surface 3 (which I did win), a HP envy m4 which my brother bought for both of us, a finally dead hp pavilion 9723ca (17 inch, the best laptop I have had), Samsung tab 2 (which I won, gave it to my parents), ASUS fonepad (which I won, gave it my brother) and Coloud boom headphones (which I won)

From the post above, you can see I like winning new stuff.

A couple of years back, I entered in a local Here maps mapping competition. Simply the most edits to Here maps would net the winner a lumia 1020. I made 18500 edits which was more than the total edits made by all other competitors combined. Clearly I was the winner. The Nokia Europe team decided to send me a 820 which was not what I wanted. Argued for a couple of weeks but no budging. So I took the 820, sold it, added more money from my savings and bought myself the 1020. One of the best decisions I made.

I've been on the windows central forums since I enrolled into windows 10 mobile insider version 10512. So a few months really.

I'm happy to help as I said because helping means I learn something new and I like learning new things.

My perspectives are from an emerging country and I hope that means I can bring new thoughts and ideas

that's it for now

For sure one thing I can say right now is that there is a lot to read and digest.

Update: lumia 1020 got stolen in June
    Last edited by Chintan Gohel; 09-03-2016 at 06:33 AM.
    04-23-2016 01:16 PM
    A couple of changes today...

Mad Cabbie is retiring from his Ambassador duties. He has a very excellent reason: his business is booming and it is taking up a lot of his time, along with his thriving family. We wish him continued success and happiness. On a personal note, I always enjoyed Chris's good humor and the way he got in there and helped people while keeping a great attitude of promoting the platform. As a recent convert to W10M he made a big splash here at WC and moved onto the Ambassador Team rather quickly. Chris, I look forward to seeing you around the boards still as your time permits.

Pleas join me in wishing him well by posting below...

Indistinguishable will be stepping up to Senior Ambassador. He has been an Ambassador for a long time and has helped many users with his know how and helped out around the place a lot. We expect more great things from him in the months to come and it is a well earned promotion. Look for him just about anywhere across the forums as his interests have proven very broad. He is one of those Verizon subscribers, but don't hold that against him.

Please join me in congratulating him by posting below...
    ven07, Muessig, libra89 and 4 others like this.
    07-14-2016 02:14 PM
    Whoot welcome to the big show indistinguishable ๐Ÿ˜Ž (it's not that big)..

Sad to see the cabber go, but business is business ๐Ÿ™‚ all the best to you sir
    07-14-2016 02:35 PM
    Chris - Best wishes for your business, maybe we'll see you back when things calm down.

Indistinguishable - well deserved!
    07-14-2016 03:27 PM

Lots of changes...

Some time ago, ven07 left off being a Senior Ambassador to become a Moderator on this forum. He's a great guy and we are lucky to still have him around our pages. Y'all mind him now, ya hear.

Ed Boland had family and business duties that took up all his time. Getting his retirement through was delayed for various reasons, but he stepped down to handle things. Ed, we miss seeing you around, buddy...

libra89 became an Ambassador today. You've all seen her filling our threads with knowledge and good humor. Please wish her well in her new role. Likewise gordonfink who brings a lot of hardware knowledge to the Ambassador role. We expect great things from him. And abhishek singh21 also joins the Ambassador team with his outstanding knowledge of the platform. Another fantastic addition.

Please leave your congratulations in the thread for our newest Ambassadors. They surely will appreciate it.

Lastly, I'm stepping away from the Ambassador Team Lead role due to a new job that takes up huge swaths of my time (busy in a good way). The new Big Cheese is Guytronic, whom you should all know from his long and exemplary service as a Moderator and all around great guy in the forums. Please welcome him below.
    11-04-2016 09:51 PM
    Hi and welcome to all the new folks. I know you will all do a great job! Congratulations! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    11-04-2016 11:15 PM
    Awesome news!
    Looks like we have a great team in the dugout.
    Congratulations to our new ambassadors and a large thank you to the current hardworking guys.
    Ed keep pounding away in the big thread my friend you are one of our best members in good standing.
    11-04-2016 11:23 PM
    Awesome on the new selection. Great team.

Sent from mTalk on 950XL
    11-05-2016 01:29 AM
    Thanks folks for the welcome.

I started with hardware some years ago, as I have 3 kids who managed to break their iPhone 2G screens regularly. They were too expensive to do at a store, so I learned how to do it. Well, they have moved up over the years to breaking their iPhone 6 screens, so I get to do those too.

Wouldn't you know it - they had lots of friends with iPhones and Galaxies asking if I could save them 100's of dollars on repairs, so I did.

Over the years, I suppose I've repaired about every model of tablet and phone.

I first got into Windows Phones when I bought a 920 with a cracked screen, just to see if I could fix it. I was able to do that, and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. I've been through 920, 640, 830, 640XL, 1520, HTC M8, 930, and now 950 as personal use phones, and seen the insides of most others.

There is plenty that I don't know, but there are some things I do know.

If you have a hardware question, please ask, PM, or whatever, and I'll try to help.

Thanks for the welcome to team - will do my best to chip in.
    11-05-2016 06:47 PM
    Thanks for the welcome everyone, I'm planning to do my best here and I'm glad to be a part of the team.

As for me, I entered the "madness" late into the game. Windows Phone was my first smartphone OS, thanks to the Lumia 521. The price was excellent and performance was nice too. I actually used our very own "Ask a Question" forum to do just that without making an account. Someone asked me to make an account and provide more info so here I am after lurking the site since sometime in late 2014.

As time went on, I grew to like this site and Windows Phone together, with the more that I learned each day. I then went on to a 640 after counting down the weeks until it would be released. I really liked that phone on 8.1. Currently not a fan on it on Windows 10 Mobile, so I picked up a 550 that I really like. I consider myself to be a chronic switcher of phones, but Windows 10 Mobile is my idealistic choice.

I really like to help and I hope that I can help with Windows 10 Mobile related inquires and whatever else I know somewhat.
    11-05-2016 08:49 PM
    Welcome libra89, abhishek singh 21 and gordonfink.
    I am sure you will have a blast.
    11-07-2016 11:00 AM
    Also I needed to state that is has been "RumoredNow" that RT is stepping away from Ambassador Team Leader role. Thanks for all your efforts.
    We are definitely in good hands with Guytronic. Congratulations on the promotion!
    11-07-2016 11:02 AM
    Agree with everything above. RT is such a great guy, happy that he's sticking with us as a moderator. Would be a shame to lose him altogether.

As for the new additions and Guytronic taking over, welcome to all, and congrats Guytronic!

Ed, we hope you still find the time to join us here. Thank you for all you've done and hope to see you around here as often as possible!
    11-07-2016 03:01 PM
    Thank you for extending your warm welcome everybody. It brings me sheer satisfaction and happiness to share my knowledge and help those who are in need at this time of ever growing technology. I am deeply interested into Mobiles , Personal computers and gaming and most of the knowledge that i have is either from my own experiences or what i have learnt over the time through different mediums of information media. There is a lot still to learn and absorb for me to stay at par with my responsibilities here as an Ambassador and i will do my best to match the expectations.

Good luck to fellow team members and new inductees to Ambassador team.
    11-08-2016 08:49 AM
    Hi I guess I can post here even though I'm just a member! I have read all your introductions and I'm very impressed with all the knowledge and talent here.
    I'm here to learn and pass forward things I have learned from others. I just wanted you all to know I appreciate you. I'm just a old country boy that loves people.
    Everyone likes to know they are appreciated. So here you go. You all are appreciated by this old country boy!
    11-12-2016 07:24 PM
    Hi I guess I can post here even though I'm just a member! I have read all your introductions and I'm very impressed with all the knowledge and talent here.
    I'm here to learn and pass forward things I have learned from others. I just wanted you all to know I appreciate you. I'm just a old country boy that loves people.
    Everyone likes to know they are appreciated. So here you go. You all are appreciated by this old country boy!
    Thanks for the kind words, Holdum333!

We're glad to see you active and involved in the community!
    Guytronic, libra89, ven07 and 3 others like this.
    11-19-2016 02:46 PM
    Welcome Kate! Great to have you with us!! :)
    Guytronic, RumoredNow and Josiah23 like this.
    12-09-2016 11:06 AM
    Hi mods and Ambassadors :D. New to the forums
    Hey Kate! Welcome.
    Guytronic, RumoredNow and Josiah23 like this.
    12-09-2016 11:34 AM
45 12