Hello Im Daniel :) From Cali, US

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone at Windowscentral. Im not anyone important around in the tech world but I kept an eye on a few places for updates on new OS an such through the years. Long story short. Back in 2004 I had a Windows Mobile 5 PDA known as a HP Ipaq I cant remember what model. And since then that when I got into the whole apple products. Starting at having a iPod Touch 2gen all the way up to a iPod Touch 5gen after that I stopped buying anymore cause I got fed up with all the updates of the OS that made every iPod I own just crumble to its knees. My last Apple product was my iPad mini 2 which I attend to keep since I have some photo apps an a few games I do play on it. so about 6 months ago a person I knew gave me a free iPhone 5 16gb that had a defect screen that would cost a 100 bucks and im like meh. So I sold the device for 60 bucks. I thought about going back to trying android again but just don't care for google. Then I came across a Lumia 640 at best buy out here. I figured to myself its been so many years I wonder what has changed about Windows mobile. So I did get it. Ive had it for about 4 months now. But you know I wasn't satisfied with it. Don't get me wrong good device for what it does but I wanted something more that would be even better then an iPhone or any Samsung phone. That when I got myself a Lumia 950 XL unlock international version from B&H that has it for 529 dollars out the door. I can honestly say after using that phone for a while and throwing some heavy games at it. I have to say I am truly proud of having this phone and you know its my very first smart phone that I actually paid a lot of money on. Now I treat it like my baby lol :) And yes I still have my lumia 640 in fact im going to ship it to my mom since she needs a new phone and I hope she likes the 640. I came to join this site cause I see how many mobile fans are here and I came here like a day or two and ask a question about a screen problem that in fact was the tampered glass I had thanks to the guys who replied. :) And I am glad to be here and be around people that love Windows Mobile. I know I do. I am sure glad to be back in my roots when it comes to a phone. :) I came here a few times reading on the Lumia 950s come to think about it. It was this place that made me make up my mind. :) Excuss me and my little history of where I came from in terms of tech change lol. Have a great day guys. :)

-Daniel

Last edited:

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi Daniel and welcome to Windows Central.

I'm glad you like your new 950XL and joined our community.

Thanks for the warm welcome :) And your welcome. Feels great to be in a community that really into Windows and windows Mobile. The other place I normally go to for tech updates seem dead and was mainly into apple and android. :S

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the warm welcome :) And your welcome. Feels great to be in a community that really into Windows and windows Mobile. The other place I normally go to for tech updates seem dead and was mainly into apple and android. :S
Awesome!

We also have forums here for Xbox and PC gaming, if you are interested in those.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to our site, Daniel... I hope you have fun here and find the info you need. Good on you for giving Mom the 640. Share the joy!!!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Welcome Daniel!

Q: how many cups of coffee did you have before writing that intro? :winktongue::evil:.

The 950 and XL are stellar devices - the recent updates (build 14322 - redstone) adds Ethernet over USB.

So these devices will get better over time, I recently bought a L930... mainly because it was too darn cheap to pass up and secondly my L920 was dying.

I contemplated in getting a 640 but here in the UK... sadly they go for similar price at what second hand 930s go for... so it was a no brainer for me. Was planning to upgrade my Dad's 620 to 640 however he is very happy with the 620.

The large tiles make it so easy to use (everything is set up to use medium or small - max two medium tiles on screen) as well as being pocket friendly.

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hiya Daniel (that name seems to be popular around these parts lol), loved that intro of yours :D

Hope to see you on the boards sharing your 950 XL wisdom with those of us who have yet to taste that wisdom for ourselves :winktongue:

LightenSkies

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by ven07
Hiya Daniel (that name seems to be popular around these parts lol), loved that intro of yours :D

Hope to see you on the boards sharing your 950 XL wisdom with those of us who have yet to taste that wisdom for ourselves :winktongue:

Lol Thanks glad you liked it. I know it's been ages since I last came to the forums out of anger knowing the XL I had didn't have reset protection unlike the US version. I actually return it back long ago. Just got the Lumia at&t 950 on Tuesday and loving it. Granted its not the XL but still a great phone. Once again thanks everyone for the welcome. :)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)