Howdy y'all from Texas

jazen

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone, my name is Jason and I decided to finally hop in on the Windows Central community. Its been a while since I have been on a tech related forum (last one being mobile phone specific).

I work in the Sys Admin field and mostly interface with Linux systems, but I do have a soft spot for Windows Phone (Lumia 1020 and recently switched to a 640 to try out W10M) and my Surface 2 RT (yes, I'm one of those people :wink:).

Despite the teething issues and sometimes wanting to pull my hair out, I still do like the platform. Decided to join in order to get some assistance as well as assist others. I'll delve in my collection of toys at a later time, but I do have a bunch. :confused:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Howdy back from GA :) Do you use the new Windows 10 Linux subsystem with Ubuntu? Excited about Powershell for Linux? These are quite new things that sound like they might be of interest to a sys admin. Surface RT 2! Beats my Surface RT that I still have around for entertainment.

Welcome to the site!

jazen

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Howdy back from GA :) Do you use the new Windows 10 Linux subsystem with Ubuntu? Excited about Powershell for Linux? These are quite new things that sound like they might be of interest to a sys admin. Surface RT 2! Beats my Surface RT that I still have around for entertainment.

Welcome to the site!

I haven't dabbled in Bash for Win10 yet since my corporate system has not been given the green light for Anniversary update. I also can't say I have used Powershell much, but it is neat that it is coming to Linux.

As for the Surface RT 2, I still use it regularly. I honestly love the system for what it is, hard to believe I have had it for nearly 2 years (Black Friday 2014 purchase).

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jason and welcome to WindowsCentral.

I also happen to use Linux and like it as much as Windows.

What flavor of Linux do you use at work? Do you use Linux at home too? Which flavor do you use at home?

I like Linux Mint Cinnamon and MATE.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! Hopefully the teething is gradually decreasing! And of course everyone lends a hand in solving problems.

jazen

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi Jason and welcome to WindowsCentral.

I also happen to use Linux and like it as much as Windows.

What flavor of Linux do you use at work? Do you use Linux at home too? Which flavor do you use at home?

I like Linux Mint Cinnamon and MATE.

We primarily run CentOS at work with some systems transitioned to Ubuntu. I used to run Arch Linux at home but between compatibility issues with media management and system hardware, I am running Windows at home now.

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
You're not a troublemaker!
LMAO! Thank you my friend! You just made this old country boys day! I try hard to make a good hand here on WC. I get it right some times.:grin:
You are much appreciated my friend. This is a great help forum! I know W10 and computers pretty well. I don't know squat about Phones. We can always use more Indians to help out here on MC. We have enough Chiefs LMAO!
PS Your knowledge and help will be appreciated@jazen. Welcome aboard!
Thanks @James!:wink: You made my day!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes