Hello everyone

ErazerHead

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Long time reader and lurker, I love the website and community.

I live in Tokyo and one of my hobbies is making Windows app.

I have a desktop, a Surface 3 and a Lumia 950.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Welcome... We love to see new Devs.

Here are the Developer Rules: App and Developer Forum Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

You need 10 quality posts to get linking privileges. Remember, one thread for each App is allowed. Kindly place it in App Spotlight: App Spotlight - Windows Central Forums

If you have a new App coming out and need Beta Testers, we can help... Developers Beta Testing - Windows Central Forums Just be sure to read the rules about Betas so you will fit in and find testers. This can be a great way to not only promote an upcoming App, but also get great feedback to polish it before release.

Also check out our Developer Program: http://forums.windowscentral.com/de...indowscentral-developer-program-new-post.html

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Central, @ErazerHead !

What kind of apps do you like to make? Feel free to explore the developer corner!

ErazerHead

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the warm welcome :)

I'm gonna register to the developer program as soon as I'll get linking privileges.
As for beta testing, are there any rules about distribution? Like needing to use HockeyApp vs simply distributing .appx files.

In any case, thank again.

ErazerHead

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello and thank you for the welcome.

I mostly make utility apps: there are a number of Win32 programs that I use regularly but which are never going to get ported to UWP, or that have UIs I don't like, so I make my own versions of those.

So far I have made a file checksum calculator, a batch file renamer, an two factor authentication code generator (this was before Microsoft released their authenticator app), a multi language dictionary, a manga reader and I'm trying to finish an mp3 tag editor.
I try to keep scope small in order to finish each project in 2-3 months.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hey ErazerHead! Warm Welcome to WindowsCentral!

Great to have you hear with us. Its especially nice to have Developers sign up. I'm also a little jealous of your Surface 3 :)

When did you start your hobby as a Windows Dev?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs