Hey Everyone! I am a Windows Developer

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Glad to see you on-board. Wish the best for you. We are a friendly bunch here. A lot of us are disappointed at the way MS is handling Mobile market but we still love our WM10.

thepragmaticdev

Aug 7, 2017
Visit site
Nice to meet you. Yea, I understand. It's frustrating. I think they're going to change their strategy. What kind of apps are you using? What kind of apps would you like to see? I'm fully committed to the Windows platform.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Nice to meet you. Yea, I understand. It's frustrating. I think they're going to change their strategy. What kind of apps are you using? What kind of apps would you like to see? I'm fully committed to the Windows platform.

One thing I think is lacking personally, or wish I had available...I have also contemplated the time to invest in and develop myself...is to add to or be creative with the lock screen. Not all devices have Glance or some kind of LED for notifications. Especially when in slient mode. A glance-like app or a lock screen app or something of that sort all on it's own would be great. Many alcatel users out there, and tons of HP Elite X3 users. The Elite X3 has a blue LED that can be enabled but the average user is never going to want to search through threads to do that...I cannot think of one OEM phone that has the ability to notify you without lighting up the whole screen.

WAQASKHALID88

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
hi
i think we need
1. restart option directly form screen
2. app so we can set glance screen for different notification and detail notification for more then 1 app
3. volume increase or decrease from screen when playing video in app
4. increase or decrease of volume from lock screen when playing music
5. separate notification sound bar so increase or decrease because volume some time you need set ring high or some time notification high or low or off with out changing ringer volume
6. some kind of app by which we can use android app in windows 10 mobile and fill the gap because there are several app which make windows left behind or you can only count popular app not available on windows 10
7. set lock screen other then pin code
8. app which can lock the apps so you can,t open app with out code for example i tried several in store even if you lock your photos it only lock from the start screen but you can still access it some time you have private thing you don't want anyone to enter in there
9. no compatible app in set default video call ( i have Skype latest version from store install ) so some app by which we can use video calling feature directly from phone
10. battery app for real time use because all app in store not work real time

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
hi
i think we need
1. restart option directly form screen
2. app so we can set glance screen for different notification and detail notification for more then 1 app
3. volume increase or decrease from screen when playing video in app
4. increase or decrease of volume from lock screen when playing music
5. separate notification sound bar so increase or decrease because volume some time you need set ring high or some time notification high or low or off with out changing ringer volume
6. some kind of app by which we can use android app in windows 10 mobile and fill the gap because there are several app which make windows left behind or you can only count popular app not available on windows 10
7. set lock screen other then pin code
8. app which can lock the apps so you can,t open app with out code for example i tried several in store even if you lock your photos it only lock from the start screen but you can still access it some time you have private thing you don't want anyone to enter in there
9. no compatible app in set default video call ( i have Skype latest version from store install ) so some app by which we can use video calling feature directly from phone
10. battery app for real time use because all app in store not work real time

Unfortunately, number 10 is kind of hard to do on WP8/10... An app can only run in the background at set intervals of 30 min or more (may have been lowered to 15?) Anyhow, as such, battery apps won't be able to get real time tile updates. Clock apps get away with this by a trick... The clock tile app I wrote runs once an hour, and sets up the next 60 minutes of tile "notifications" to update the tile.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately, number 10 is kind of hard to do on WP8/10... An app can only run in the background at set intervals of 30 min or more (may have been lowered to 15?) Anyhow, as such, battery apps won't be able to get real time tile updates. Clock apps get away with this by a trick... The clock tile app I wrote runs once an hour, and sets up the next 60 minutes of tile "notifications" to update the tile.

Can you elaborate more on the clock app and its update intervals?

I use Battery X pro and it seems to update more frequently but I could just not be noticing. Or if an app has access to interop services or a system service or api like that of the clock or timer, then maybe it could.

However an app can be triggered to update outside of that interval if it is part of the notification center I suppose. I have apps popup in there only because they sent an initial notification when updated, but then they never send a notification again...Could this be a work around maybe?

I think you are right in that it is 15 min intervals now.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I guess there is one way an app can run more often (or less often), if the app registers with unlocking the phone. So every time you unlock the phone, I guess it could update the battery percentage on the tile. Although it may not be instant. So unlocking the phone, just to glance at the battery app and lock it again, may actually show you the old percentage.
If memory serves me correct, my app checks that there are tile notifications in queue when you unlock it and sets up new notifications if there aren't any ion queue.

So yeah, I guess you could update the battery percentage more often.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@thepragmaticdev, I would like to see an App that would lock down (and unlock, when finished) a W10 & W10M device when using a public Wifi:

Options to activate any of the following, with a push of a toggle button within the app using a shortcut pinned to the Start Screen:

> Activate VPN
> Turn off ALL File Sharing Folders
> Turn off Printer Sharing
> Turn off Network Discovery
> Notify if someone tries to install any files while on public wifi

Then a one button switch to reactivate the above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire